Question

P30 ear speaker voice not clear

• 10 May 2019
  • 6 replies

hi i just bought p30 brand new and since first time im not happy with the voice clearity compare to my p20/p10/mate 20 pro
is everyone feeling the same or the handset is faulty ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @pamzss, welcome to the community!

We're sorry about the disappointment.

One of the most common causes for this is the SIM. Have you tried checking with multiple SIM cards?

Please let us know about the results!

Cheers
Hi thanks for reply
Yes I did tried but same poor sound. I was on ee n was thinking it's might be due to voda network but it's no difference.After trying ee sim too. Is there anything can be done with software?
Or any specific codes yochrck hardwares
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi @pamzss, welcome!

In your case I'd advise trying a network settings reset and a wipe cache partition to troubleshoot this!

Clear Cache
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Network settings reset
Open Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings reset > Tap on Reset network settings button! Restart your device, then try connecting again!

Cheers,
Jack
Hi Jack thanks for your reply. No luck I tried everything u mentioned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @pamzss,

As you've tried all of the steps my colleague @JackJ suggested above, I would say to go forward with a factory reset of your device.

For the steps on how to perform a factory reset, please click on the following link: https://huawei-en.insided.com/software-40/apps-crashing-after-9-0-1-163-update-4474

Hopefully the link above proves useful!

Best wishes,
Max
Hi I tried no luck
But I found the reason of this bad sound.
It starts as soon Vodafone custom patch installed itself. Till it get installed sound was perfect.
Dnt know how to uninstall it.
Custom version VDF. GB. 9.0.1.7