Answered

P30 not working with Android Auto

• 12 April 2019
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

My P20 won't connect to my 2016 golf GTI through a cable. It tries to connect via mirror link and won't even look at android auto. Other phones work fine.
I am also having interoperability troubles with my P30. The only way to copy files to my NM Card so far has been the abuse of the FTP by means of a file manager that can assign temporary FTP addresses to the phone. Mounting the phone as a uSB device with MTPFS (Mass Transfer Protocol file system) as is possible with other USB Android phones doesn't work. I'm not willing to click myself specific proprietary apps like HiSuite that work on particular operating systems. First of all a device like this must support the usual standards and generic application.
I fixed my issue. No thanks to Huawei. They didn't respond. I had to ',show system apps' in order to see the mirror link' then disable it. Then android auto worked immediately. From all the research I've done, mirror link is dog poop. I can't believe it comes pre installed as a system app that can't be seen.
I still can't get my p30 Pro to work with Android auto. Really pissing me off......
I fixed my issue. No thanks to Huawei. They didn't respond. I had to ',show system apps' in order to see the mirror link' then disable it. Then android auto worked immediately. From all the research I've done, mirror link is dog poop. I can't believe it comes pre installed as a system app that can't be seen.

Hi Alistair, is your AA still working fine? Thinking about installing it in my car but don't want to waste $250 bucks and seems you are the only person on the internet that got it to work.
Hey all go in the AA app to connetect vehicles and push connect new vehicles. Sorry for my bad english i am from germany i have found this option after 1 week of searching now the app works fine with me and i did an 6 hour trip with it.
Cheers Manuel
Hi everyone, found out tonight that downloading the "Android Auto" app from www.apkmirror.com
did it all.
Works fine now!

Below a link to the solution

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-4-3-5918-release/

Just take the correct version and that's it.

Enjoy!