P30 & P30 Pro - Everything you need to know!

• 27 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4

The P30Pro quiz results proved you know quite a lot about P30Pro.

Let's combine everything in a compact list and add relevant links to the blogs and reviews created/to be created by our special force on UK Community - Wonders.

Tips & tricks

P30 Pro features

1.Appearance/colours available - check the favourite P30series colours chosen by our Community members

Designed with the concept of the “The Aesthetics Design”, the HUAWEI P30 series give up the cold machine texture and draw inspiration from the mysterious and dreamy salt lake. The backs of Huawei’s latest flagships capture the ethereal beauty of the salt flats. The new-launched Amber Sunrise, Breathing Crystal and the Pearl White, Black, Aurora can transcend time and space with its compact design. HUAWEI has gone through several hundred coating test to replicate beautiful scenes, like the salt flats, on the HUAWEI P30 series. The coating of the Breathing Crystal variant was created with 15 processes. The gradient shift effect is the result of 9 optical nano films.

The HUAWEI P30 series is equipped with the new dewdrop screen, with ultra-small notch and ultra-narrow borders. The screen is almost Full View display and can immerse you in the game and videos. Under the screen, the P30 series is also stacked with an In-Screen Fingerprint sensor which can deliver a quick unlock and paying experience simply with one tap. HUAWEI P30 Pro is also equipped with HUAWEI Acoustic Display Technology, eliminating the need for a speaker grill on the screen and making the front almost full display. Two panes of double-curved glass, enveloping and extending to the mid-frame of HUAWEI P30 Pro, offer a comfortable grip. HUAWEI P30 Pro is equipped with a Leica Quad Camera System, including a 40MP primary camera with HUAWEI SuperSpectrum Sensor, a 20MP ultra-wide angle camera, an 8MP telephoto camera fitted with SuperZoom Lens and HUAWEI TOF Camera. The all-new sensor, lens arrangement, image signal processor (ISP) and neural processing unit (NPU) work in tandem to capture incredible photos and videos.

3.Night Photography & Videography - check out the review from @Jase
low light review from RickF

HUAWEI P30 Pro has an extraordinary night photography capacity: the revolutionary RYYB SuperSpectrum Sensor replaces green pixels in the RGGB Bayer filter with yellow pixels, changing the photosensitive rules of traditional digital photography over the past 40 years and increasing the amount of the light reaching by 40%. With the customized OIS motor and f/1.6 aperture, HUAWEI P30 Pro has an ISO of 409600. So you are able to make a shocking image at the instant when the candle is blown out.

Benefited by HUAWEI SuperSpectrum Sensor’s superb photosensitivity and dynamic range, it can capture videos with even the faintest hint of light, from band shows at bars, city skyline at night, to even the instant a candle is blown out.

4.SuperZoom - check out the review from @chillphone

HUAWEI P30 Pro features a SuperZoom Lens, fitted into the ultra slim chassis with an innovative periscope design, supporting 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and a maximum 50x digital zoom. In this case, you just need a smart phone to record the spectacular beauty of animal migration on the eastern African prairie without the “long-shot” lens.

5. Professional Bokeh - blog coming soon

In addition, HUAWEI P30 Pro also brings other professional photography experience. The HUAWEI TOF camera can create a wide aperture blurring effect in portrait photography, leaving the subject out of the background, bringing excellent sense of hierarchy and artistic expressiveness.

6. The Ultra-wide Angle and Macro Lens -check out the review from @golden

The Ultra-wide Angle and Macro Lens can support wide-angle shooting and macro shots. From the breathtaking scenery, man-made architectural wonders, heartwarming family portraits to a venture into the microscopic world—this is the lens that does it all.
The front 32MP camera adopts AI HDR+. It’s almost like having a professional gaffer following you around and shining a light on you to present a more high-quality stereoscopic sense.

7. Front Selfie - check the review from @Tboy2000

The front 32MP camera adopts AI HDR+. It’s almost like having a professional gaffer following you around and shining a light on you to present a more high-quality stereoscopic sense.

8. HUAWEI Dual-View Video

The HUAWEI P30 series also bring a refreshing way to shoot and view videos. HUAWEI Dual-View Video uses multiple cameras at once to capture videos, so users can capture the full view of a scene while simultaneously capturing a close-up, and show two perspectives at once on one screen.

9. AI Video Editor

With powerful AI computing capabilities, HUAWEI P30 series is also a mobile image studio: AI Video Editor supports smart beauty scoring and smart video editing, making the original plain video more interesting. This puts the power to freely edit and render videos into the hands of consumers, but provides the professional assistance that can enable them to edit easily and share quickly.

10. Kirin 980

HUAWEI P30 Series is equipped with the Kirin 980 dual NPU processor. As the one of the world’s first commercial 7nm chipsets, Kirin 980 packs 6.9 billion transistors to realize enhanced performance and efficiency. Kirin 980 can support even the most graphics-intensive games while delivering maximum frame rates, outstanding gaming experience and battery efficiency. With artificial intelligent in-depth learning, Kirin 980 has a powerful and efficient operation. The smart, intelligent, and perceptual system brings you a quick and convenient life.

11. Long-lasting Battery Capacity, HUAWEI SuperCharge and Wireless Reverse Charge

The battery capacity of Huawei P30 Pro is upgraded again. It is equipped with 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge technology and is upgraded to 4200mAh without changing the thickness. In this way, the battery can be charged for about 70% in 30 minutes. It supports 15W HUAWEI wireless quick charging. In addition, HUAWEI P30 Pro also supports wireless reverse charging technology, which can charge other electronic products that support the wireless charging protocol, providing users with full-scenario charging and battery life experience.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Thumbs up for the time to accumulate the information and put it all here.
Hello I have a Huawei p30 Pro I have a problem with not having one of the photos of my account when I am on another account for example when I am the first account I do not receive private space notices and vice versa when I am in private space I do not receive main account notifications I can activate it to get both sound account notifications