Answered

P30 Pro BT Dual Audio support

• 9 May 2019
  • 9 replies

I am currently looking into buying a P30 Pro as a replacement for my Samsung S8.
One of the big features I use in the Samsung S8 is the BT Dual Audio, which allows me to connect and use two bluetooth audio devices simultaneously.

The P30 Pro has a BT 5.0 chip, so it supports this functionality on a hardware level, but there's no indication that there is support on a software level, which is really unfortunate.

Is this still the case? Are there any plans for the development team to work on this in the near future?
icon

Best answer by drhouse 9 May 2019, 19:43

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, simultaneous bluetooth connection to two bluetooth audio devices is not currently available on a software level as described by this P30 Pro owner:
https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/audio-output-connect-2-devices-with-bluetooth-1345#post20956

Though this phone has the necessary hardware to support the above, it is possible Huawei might introduce this feature at some point in the future. :)

@Max Can you please take note of this feature for the development team? Thanks in advance. :)

Hope this answers your query.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Unfortunately, simultaneous bluetooth connection to two bluetooth audio devices is not currently available on a software level as described by this P30 Pro owner:
https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/audio-output-connect-2-devices-with-bluetooth-1345#post20956

Though this phone has the necessary hardware to support the above, it is possible Huawei might introduce this feature at some point in the future. :)

@Max Can you please take note of this feature for the development team? Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for your reply @drhouse .

That's indeed unfortunate. As there's no indication of support coming in the near future, I'm afraid I'll have to go with a Samsung device. A shame, because what I've seen from the P30 Pro was quite exciting. Maybe for next year's contract!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Thanks for your reply @drhouse .

That's indeed unfortunate. As there's no indication of support coming in the near future, I'm afraid I'll have to go with a Samsung device. A shame, because what I've seen from the P30 Pro was quite exciting. Maybe for next year's contract!

it is truly unfortunate. from my perspective huawei seems to be putting the emphasis on its cameras mostly rather having an absolute top of the range all rounder at the moment. Hopefully things will change for the better when you come revisit the huawei range when your contract end is nearing. 😉

Unfortunately, simultaneous bluetooth connection to two bluetooth audio devices is not currently available on a software level as described by this P30 Pro owner:https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/audio-output-connect-2-devices-with-bluetooth-1345#post20956

I've got the Huawei p30 pro and I definitely want a dual audio (via Bluetooth 5.0) option. I would love it if it's possible to listen to music from my different speakers and headphones. Why? Because I can listen to music and let other people also listen to my music. If this is possible you could make a bigger party just with your phone!
I have the same problem, I have the mate 20x & when me & the Mrs is travelling abroad we want to listen to the same beats with our Bluetooth headsets but unfortunately only one headset will work, its not hard to put the option in as the device is Bluetooth 5.0, hopefully a future update would add it in as the phone is excellent. Big but, the note 10 is due out soon & just for that reason I might have to ditch Huawei
Same problem.
I haven been definitely expecting this (simple but good) feature from Huawei as Samsung manages this since Galaxy S8, too.
It can't be too difficult to develop a software solution, Huawei!

Please do it!
I am currently looking into buying a P30 Pro as a replacement for my Samsung S8.
One of the big features I use in the Samsung S8 is the BT Dual Audio, which allows me to connect and use two bluetooth audio devices simultaneously.

The P30 Pro has a BT 5.0 chip, so it supports this functionality on a hardware level, but there's no indication that there is support on a software level, which is really unfortunate.

Is this still the case? Are there any plans for the development team to work on this in the near future?

This is feature is avaliable in developer options and is called Bluetooth Absolute Volume
Userlevel 2
Badge

This is feature is avaliable in developer options and is called Bluetooth Absolute Volume

No. The "BT absolute volume" option just increases volume on BT output. You can select in devs options if you can connect to two or three BT audio devices at once - still the sound is only played back on one of them (always the one that connected last).
I just tested with the latest .193 firmware.
This would be so cool. I am using a bone conduction headset and would like to supplement with an in ear piece