Answered

P30 Pro Camera Aspect Ratio

• 9 May 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

To my surprise, my brand new P30 Pro camera's app doesn't come with 16:9 aspect ratio resolution which is a bummer...
My old Mate 10 Pro had it and I can't see myself watching my pictures with those 2 white squares on the left and right of my pictures...

Let me link you an official thread about this issue with the mate 20: https://uk.community.huawei.com/mate...wei-phone-1520

Do you have any clue when it could get added back ? Or touch a word to Huawei's team ? It doesn't look like an hard task to add it back tbh...

+ Fullscreen mode which takes all the screen lowers our pictures to 6mpx..It's a big loss !

Best regards
icon

Best answer by Dizecrypt 9 May 2019, 16:32

Hi,

Yeah as you can see we can only set "FULL-SCREEN" which give us 6 Mpx pics...

And that's how it looked in the mate 10 pro:

As you can see we had way more option of high resolution using 16:9 aspect ratio and enjoying 9Mpx...

Cheers
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Do you mean this?

Hi,

Yeah as you can see we can only set "FULL-SCREEN" which give us 6 Mpx pics...

And that's how it looked in the mate 10 pro:

As you can see we had way more option of high resolution using 16:9 aspect ratio and enjoying 9Mpx...

Cheers
Hi Dizecrypt!

It's the same with both P20 and Mate 20 ...
All Huawei phones comes with a bad built-in camera app.
No 16:9 photo ratio and low megapixels ☹️

Tjek this:
https://uk.community.huawei.com/mate-20-series-20/who-would-like-the-option-to-take-16-9-aspect-ratio-photos-with-your-huawei-phone-1520/index2.html#post24421

/Jon
As far as I'm aware, the camera sensors on all smartphones are made to capture a 4:3 ratio image. When the camera app offers a 16:9 ratio, it's just cropping the image so you're actually losing information. I agree it would be nice if the option was there, but actually the P30 & Pro are ensuring you're getting the best image from your camera.

You can always crop it to 16:9 afterwards, there's no loss in quality as this is what 16:9 mode does anyway.

A high megapixel count doesn't guarantee a great image, the P30 is using a 40mp sensor and rendering it as a 10mp image which still gives you a detailed image. You can choose 40mp in the settings, but try it - personally I found the image was no better than the "10mp" version. Also you can capture in RAW for use in photo editing software.
As far as I'm aware, the camera sensors on all smartphones are made to capture a 4:3 ratio image. When the camera app offers a 16:9 ratio, it's just cropping the image so you're actually losing information. I agree it would be nice if the option was there, but actually the P30 & Pro are ensuring you're getting the best image from your camera.

You can always crop it to 16:9 afterwards, there's no loss in quality as this is what 16:9 mode does anyway.

A high megapixel count doesn't guarantee a great image, the P30 is using a 40mp sensor and rendering it as a 10mp image which still gives you a detailed image. You can choose 40mp in the settings, but try it - personally I found the image was no better than the "10mp" version. Also you can capture in RAW for use in photo editing software.

Hi AndroidP30Pro 😘

Tjek this out and learn what it's all about:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/p30-series-30/how-to-predict-a-16-9-photo-with-30-mpx-5815

Kind and loving regards
/Jon
I find quite disappointing that there is no 16:9 ratio option in the official camera app. Photos look less gorgeous on my PC monitor or TV screen. I hope that it will be implemented in the next updates.
code:
Hello
I just bought a P30Pro for this quality photo and am really disappointed not to have the 16:9 resolution because the sensor system allows it with crops.

It's a shame because it's important to have this ratio to fully explode on HD TV or 4k ...

I read a hawei post indicating a possible update ...

https://uk.community.huawei.com/mate-20-series-20/who-would-like-the-option-to-take -16-9-aspect ratio-pictures-with-your-phone-huawei-1520

@ HAWEI: when will this update be available?

HAWEI ???? Some answers. Thank you
Yes, we definetely need this option.

Come one Huawei, it's not that hard!