Answered

P30 PRO camera post processing problem?

• 6 April 2019
  • 29 replies

Hi guys! Just made the switch from a iPhone xs max to the P30 Pro and i'm loving it so far! I've been having a issue with the camera since i started using the phone though. For some reason the camera app shows me a sharper photo than what i actually get. We're not talking just a tiny bit sharper. The picture i get thrown into my gallery is seriously blurry. It's like it doesn't post process it at all. Have anyone of you experienced this? All my camera settings are set to default.
icon

Best answer by Amy 13 June 2019, 14:18

Hi all,

If the issues still persist after a reset , please contact our support channels to get assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/ (UK) or https://consumer.huawei.com/en/worldwide/ (worldwide).
View original

29 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @coachjohn can you upload a sample?
Yeah for sure! Screenshotting the camera app wasn't too easy. But this is taken with the front camera and you can clearly see a huge lack of detail and sharpness. Some front cameras might be like this but i would guess that this phone should be able to produce better photos? I've watched camera tests done by youtubers and the sharpness is there as well as amazing quality @Crawshaw09

Userlevel 5
Badge
Coming from a p20 pro then mate 20 pro and now owning a p30 pro this is common in these devices. Unless there is sunlight/light in the room the selfie looks soft.

Have you turned beauty mode off? I tend to use the Google pixel app for photos, it's a little buggy as it don't work that well on the chipset.
Hi guys! Just made the switch from a iPhone xs max to the P30 Pro and i'm loving it so far! I've been having a issue with the camera since i started using the phone though. For some reason the camera app shows me a sharper photo than what i actually get. We're not talking just a tiny bit sharper. The picture i get thrown into my gallery is seriously blurry. It's like it doesn't post process it at all. Have anyone of you experienced this? All my camera settings are set to default.
im having the same issue..on camera app it looks very sharp but the photo details on gallery is not sharp at all. i've tested on my rear camera.
Coming from a p20 pro then mate 20 pro and now owning a p30 pro this is common in these devices. Unless there is sunlight/light in the room the selfie looks soft.

Have you turned beauty mode off? I tend to use the Google pixel app for photos, it's a little buggy as it don't work that well on the chipset.

Yeah beauty mode is turned off. I've talked to a friend of mine who's struggling with same problem aswell..

Hi guys! Just made the switch from a iPhone xs max to the P30 Pro and i'm loving it so far! I've been having a issue with the camera since i started using the phone though. For some reason the camera app shows me a sharper photo than what i actually get. We're not talking just a tiny bit sharper. The picture i get thrown into my gallery is seriously blurry. It's like it doesn't post process it at all. Have anyone of you experienced this? All my camera settings are set to default.im having the same issue..on camera app it looks very sharp but the photo details on gallery is not sharp at all. i've tested on my rear camera.

Yeah it's a shame. Makes it really hard to quickly snap a good photo as every single one tend to get really blurry. Wonder if this is a problem alot of people are struggling with? Wishing for a software update as i really enjoy the phone and don't want to switch back to my iphone. Camera and image quality is super important as i do alot of marketing on social media and my phone is my main camera device.
I don't see much blurriness on the pic even then face is a bit soft, but that could be due to not that much light and the fact cause you sightly angled and by the looks of it the focus was on the collar of the t- shirt that why it looks a bit soft.

Advice: retry again but with these rule.
  1. rule of 3rd. Eyes should be positioned around that area of the pic.
  2. tap the screen around where your eyes is to focus there and see how the picture comes out.
do this test in a few different light conditions to see.

I will also be testing it in the weekend as I also have moved from iPhone 8 to P30 pro and not tested it out yet.

Also beside that discrepancies on wb betwen wide camera and maine and underexposed picture with too warm wb ( tested near S10+ and iPhone8)
Userlevel 1
I know what you mean and this is because the 'viewfinder'on the camera it's on JPEG mode, you can't change this, the viewfinder is what you are looking in the camera app screen, and it's different to the photo post processing. Cheers
I have noticed the same issue. I own iPhone XsMax, Pixel 3XL, S10+ and my latest is the P30 Pro. I have been using the P30 for a week now for its camera/s. And after taking several photos and made side by side comparison with the pictures taken from the other three devices I own, my objective conclusion is this: I am extremely disappointed with the picture quality of the P30. Like two tech YouTubers said, this phone is overhyped. Granted its camera capabilities to zoom in and to bring out so much light in a dark lit areas is mind blowing but it all boils down to the “quality”. The pictures of the P30 tend to look pinkish, muted and overexposed. Going back to the problem of the original poster, my iPhone XS, Pixel 3 and S10 all give sharp selfies showing details of my face: pores, blemishes and etc. with a simple snap. No need to focus my hands or what not. Especially the Pixel which is the one to beat in taking selfies.

I usually carry with me two phones and now I’m back to my iPhone XS Max and Pixel 3 XL. The former gives the most balanced pictures overall while the Pixel gives the best processed pictures, hands down. I am a budding photographer and in my opinion, I rarely use lenses to zoom in my subject. Overall, Pixel is still the King while iPhone comes in second. The S10+ has the best wide angle camera to date. And don’t get me started with the unpolished UI of the P30 that is a rip-off of the iOS UI. YouTuber Moniz had to change skin because of how iPhone-ish the Huawei looks. Then there’s the software update delay thing. Anyway, it was nice to have personally experienced the P30 that everyone went gaga for. Peace.

I have noticed the same issue. I own iPhone XsMax, Pixel 3XL, S10+ and my latest is the P30 Pro. I have been using the P30 for a week now for its camera/s. And after taking several photos and made side by side comparison with the pictures taken from the other three devices I own, my objective conclusion is this: I am extremely disappointed with the picture quality of the P30. Like two tech YouTubers said, this phone is overhyped. Granted its camera capabilities to zoom in and to bring out so much light in a dark lit areas is mind blowing but it all boils down to the “quality”. The pictures of the P30 tend to look pinkish, muted and overexposed. Going back to the problem of the original poster, my iPhone XS, Pixel 3 and S10 all give sharp selfies showing details of my face: pores, blemishes and etc. with a simple snap. No need to focus my hands or what not. Especially the Pixel which is the one to beat in taking selfies.

I usually carry with me two phones and now I’m back to my iPhone XS Max and Pixel 3 XL. The former gives the most balanced pictures overall while the Pixel gives the best processed pictures, hands down. I am a budding photographer and in my opinion, I rarely use lenses to zoom in my subject. Overall, Pixel is still the King while iPhone comes in second. The S10+ has the best wide angle camera to date. And don’t get me started with the unpolished UI of the P30 that is a rip-off of the iOS UI. YouTuber Moniz had to change skin because of how iPhone-ish the Huawei looks. Then there’s the software update delay thing. Anyway, it was nice to have personally experienced the P30 that everyone went gaga for. Peace.

Thank you for the detailed opinion my man. I couldn't agree more. I've tested the pixel 3XL, Samsung galaxy s10+, iPhone XS Max and now the p30 pro. I miss how easy it was on both the iPhone and the pixel to just pull out your phone, aim the camera at your targeted subject and get a nice and sharp photo without barely trying. This will probably be my first and last Huawei phone as the total user experience didn't reach my expectations. The phone is great don't get me wrong, but it's overhyped and when you've tried both the king of smartphone cameras and "fluidness", this phone just doesn't cut it.
I'm having the same problem as well. I hope this gets resolved 😔 I just got out of the phone with Huawei tech service, all they did was ask me to reset the cam settings, reset all settings and do a factory reset. I didn't do the latter but I can say that the 2 reset I did didn't fix my issue. They advised me to go to their service center.
I'm having the same problem as well. I hope this gets resolved 😔 I just got out of the phone with Huawei tech service, all they did was ask me to reset the cam settings, reset all settings and do a factory reset. I didn't do the latter but I can say that the 2 reset I did didn't fix my issue. They advised me to go to their service center.

Update: Did a factory reset and still didn't fix the problem.

I'm having the same problem as well. I hope this gets resolved 😔 I just got out of the phone with Huawei tech service, all they did was ask me to reset the cam settings, reset all settings and do a factory reset. I didn't do the latter but I can say that the 2 reset I did didn't fix my issue. They advised me to go to their service center.Update: Did a factory reset and still didn't fix the problem.

I've given up on the problem and switched to a new phone. It's a shame that this is the reason why i make a switch. Hope they address the problem later as it seems like more people experience it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

If the issues still persist after a reset , please contact our support channels to get assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/ (UK) or https://consumer.huawei.com/en/worldwide/ (worldwide).
I have noticed the same issue. I own iPhone XsMax, Pixel 3XL, S10+ and my latest is the P30 Pro.

I've tested the pixel 3XL, Samsung galaxy s10+, iPhone XS Max and now the p30 pro.

Could you both please tell me if the display of the pixel was as bright and readable (text, browsing, Google maps) under sunlight compared to the P30 Pro?
I'm disgusted and horrified, I've called the German support of Huawei and they told me I'm inventing the problem, they have no record of anybody ever complaining about the camera, and they didn't care about this thread.
I'm done.
Never again Huawei.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Isnt the new camera software update mentioned at IFA meant to sort this out? When the new p30 pro was launched with emui10 and a new upgraded colour system software update was coming to every p30pro.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Isnt the new camera software update mentioned at IFA meant to sort this out? When the new p30 pro was launched with emui10 and a new upgraded colour system software update was coming to every p30pro.

Well let's hope so.
Where did you get the info from?
And how can we know if Huawei is officially working on solving the ridiculous colour problems caused by the new yellow sensor?
Nice, we can now take pictures in the Dark, but all other pictures will be yellow.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Lukasso go onto YouTube and look for IFA Huawei. It shows the new p30 pro colours and he speaks about the new camera update
Userlevel 5
Badge
https://youtu.be/RUkyzlt-QBM
https://youtu.be/RUkyzlt-QBM
Ok, so, according to AndroidCentral, the new p30 is only new in the design, no hardware changes. And all software changes, emui, android, camera etc, should arrive to all p30 pro.
I've sold mine today and will not buy anything Huawei till I see them SOLVE this ridiculous problem of wrong colours in the photos of the "best" cameraphone in the world.
And before buying the P30 Pro again it might b worth seeing what did they put in the coming soon Mate 30 Pro. Any news about that?

bTW, who exactly voted amy's answer as the best? Herself?
Userlevel 5
Badge
It would appear it was the author?? It seems if just like the moderators comment it says it's been resolved??
Userlevel 2
Badge
I tend to use the Google pixel app for photos, it's a little buggy as it don't work that well on the chipset.

What version of GCam do you use?