Question

P30 Pro doesn’t have a speaker sound

• 29 April 2019
  • 4 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
I just bought my P30 Pro, the problem is I was trying to set ringtones and trying to play a music in the speaker but it’s not working at all. There’s no sound coming. Tried to use the headset it was working fine. Please help me.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Marj,

Welcome on the community and sorry to read about the problems with your brand new device. 😞

Could you please try the following:

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

Please let me know if this helps!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
is the bluetooth switched on? maybe it is switched on and the sound goes to the connected bluetooth device.
I have the same issue, i tried factory reset, still got the same problem, i guess its a hardware a hardware issue
I found the same problem on the P 20 Pro. This problem occurs after the device restarts itself and will cause the sound to disappear. Now, I have to do a factory reset and still have the same effect. Will sound and then go out.Expected to be a problem from EMUI software