Question

P30 Pro Low Speakerphone Volume

I got my P30 Pro yesterday. I have set it up, but now I am having a hard time and have to switch back to my P20Pro because of low speakerphone volume. I can barely hear what anyone is talking and its at max. I have lot of calls and once in a car, you can hear nothing over the cars sound as well. The p20 Pro, my old phone still works like a star. Please help and release a patch to increase the loudness. I dont want to use a 3rd party app .

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@maksinusa , Could you please try the following, see if this helps:

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @maksinusa,

What options do you get? Could you share that with us? 🙂

If I select Wipe Data / factory reset, there is only a factory reset option available...No more Wipe Cache Option...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @maksinusa,

Have you tried a reboot? 🙂
did anyone find a solution to this? My volume was working fine then all off sudden is really quiet. Hoping I don't have to send the phone back
Hi @maksinusa,

Have you tried a reboot? :)

Ofcourse...I am not a novice..
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@maksinusa in that case please contact our support team directly as you might need assistance from a technician at our service centre.

Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00, Sat. 9:00 - 17:00 (except bank holidays) or check out: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/.
I am in the US 🙂 . Is there a similar number for US too
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @maksinusa,

Please take a look at https://consumer.huawei.com/en/worldwide/ (worldwide).. 🙂
Hi @maksinusa,
Could you fix the problem?.
I am having the exact same problem.
Thank you,
Regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Sergio Sanchez - did you already try the following:

@maksinusa , Could you please try the following, see if this helps:

1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".

Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.
Unfortunately I had to send my phone back and have been given a brand new own. Hopefully this doesn't happen again as I loved the phone up until the speaker played up
Hi Danjl,
Yes, I followed the steps but no luck. Still the same.
Thanks,
My recovery screen doesnt have that option. It only has an EMUI screen with some other options 😞