Question

P30 Pro microphone not working properly.

Anyone else having problems with the P30 Pro microphone not working properly?
I'm having issues with the microphone when making phone calls as the other person is having trouble hearing me.
When I'm connected via my car bluetooth there is not a problem being heard whilst making a call.
I have also tried using a voice recorder app and that also is recording quietly.
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi @Jimbo'sRacePhotos and welcome to the forums!
try switching off bluetooth, switch off your phone and switch back on and try calling without bluetooth and then with bluetooth switched on.

Also got this from another thread:
Hey @Envious86, welcome back!You can select the output in the call menu. If you tap on the speaker icon, while you're connected to a Bluetooth device you can choose whether you want the earpiece, the speaker or the Bluetooth device to play the audio from the call.I hope this answered your question!Cheers,Max

report back with your findings.
Thanks for your reply, sadly it has not solved the problem.
I think I'm going to have to contact where I purchased the phone from as the phone is no good for phone calls at all to see what can be done, I must say that I'm not very impressed with my first my first Huawei phone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Jimbo'sRacePhotos ,hope the following helps:

1、Restart, this is the universal method;
2、Check whether the microphone is blocked,You may have using a non-standard protective case;
3、Check if the microphone is clogged, or use a non-standard protective case;

If the issue persists, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
Same issue here, restart the phone solve it but it's annoying
I'm not sure if my problem is also similar to yours:
I've noticed that when I make calls the receiver can't hear me talking when I'm using the loudspeaker on the phone. They can only hear me when the loudspeaker is OFF.
This situation is like this whether I'm doing a normal phone call / Whatsapp call / Messenger call / video call.
Loudspeaker ON means the microphone not working!
  1. I did a factory reset on the phone but the problem persist.
  2. I tried to test is again with my recovered backup but no luck.
  3. I googled for a similar problem but it seems that other people have the opposite problem!
  4. Checked for software updates but as of today's post I'm using the latest version build 9.0.0.261 (C185E2R1P12).
  5. Tested to use the recorder app to see if its a mic issue but it was working perfectly.
  6. I'm not sure if this info helps but when I got my phone back it said on the report that the service centre did 5 system software upgrades (Surprisingly as I always do my System software upgrade up-to-date). Not sure if this current update is glitching somewhere with mic and speakers.
  7. I checked for apps permission and still no luck, specially after factory reset.
  8. I'm sure that I had no issue with a mic and speaker before replacing the screen. It always used to work.
  9. I don't use private space or google sound assistant.
I'm not sure if there is one mic of two in the phone, probably a mic embedded with a speaker that doesn't work when speaker is ON! (faulty).
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi @Jimbo'sRacePhotos @iTeacher @Salkaabi1000

can you start your phone in safe mode and see if it persists. It should work fine for basic functions such as calling/texting etc...
the tutorial on how to go into safe mode is here: https://uk.community.huawei.com/p30-series-30/p30-pro-camera-not-working-4935#post26951

if that does not work then i think you may have a faulty products which should be replaced free of charge by contacting huawei support.

let us know how it goes.
Hi. I'm having the same issue. When I'm making a phone call, majority of the time I get complaints saying they're struggling to hear me. That's through the handset and Bluetooth. As I work for myself and have to ring customers on a regular basis its not really ideal. Think I'll have to contact the Huawei support to replace the handset.
I have now had my phone replaced from where I purchased it from for free, as after using the phones diagnostic tests proved that there was a fault.
Hi. While recording a video or just voice record it makes a background noise. How can I get it off?
It started out of nowhere. It was working fine and and now even when I make a phone call a person on the other side can't here me and I have to shout. It seems microphone fault but not sure if it's a software or hardware.
Restarting did not help. Can someone help me please???
I just purchased a p30 this week . I realized that , when i try to use whatsapp or messenger to do audio recording. I played it after done recorded, turned out there was no sound at all. I have to keep restarting phone to make it back to normal. Sometime others cant hear my voice when i making call. This is really frustrating. A phone even cant fix a mic or what ? I keep searching on internet , but turn out there is no any solution for this.... ? What a disappointed phone. Should I change back to Iphone?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Squall.Tan , hi I moved your post here to avoid duplication. This covers p30 microphone issues. Please try the following:

1、Restart, this is the universal method;
2、Check whether the microphone is blocked,You may have using a non-standard protective case;

If the issue persists, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to an authorized Huawei Customer Service Center for assistance.
Hey guys, I have found the source of this problem, at least in my case.

The fact is that if you change wether main space and private space, once you go back to main space mic problem appears.

So this should be a software problem between system and private space app (I think it is paralell app based).

I have contacted HUAWEI to explain this, I hope its solved soon.
Same issue,

Please help us to resolve. Huawei should start Recall campaign for this serious problem.

I am waiting for help.

I am having a similar issue with my P30 Light. I will be on the phone to someone and my microphone will cut out randomly. I have to end the call and re call them but the problem still persists. What would people recommend I do?