Answered

P30 pro night still camera issue. Anyone have a solution for this?

• 18 April 2019
  • 20 replies

icon

Best answer by Jase 19 April 2019, 22:59

You got any idea how to find a solution for this or how to address this to official team to find a solution for this..?
Yeah I'll definitely pass this on. It may be an unfortunate side effect of the super sensitive camera sensor but I honestly don't know for sure. Fingers crossed it can be fixed 🤞

Regards Jase
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Which lens and camera mode are you using?

Regards Jase
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Are you shooting in night mode with auto iso and auto shutter?

No case or phone protection?
I tried all the modes from AI to normal camera, pro mode as well as night mode. Irrespective of which ever mode, using with tripod as well, still I am experiencing the same problem. So it's not a common issue or just my unit issue?

I tired In all modes, I don't have any cover or any other accessories covering it.
Are you shooting in night mode with auto iso and auto shutter?

No case or phone protection?

No case as well no protection. Auto mode as well pro mode. All modes I experienced the same issue in street lights
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I've got a p30 non pro model here and can't replicate this, I'll have the pro model tomorrow so can see then if I can replicate this and we'll no then if perhaps your specific phone has an issue.
I'll get back to you and let you know.

Regards Jase
I've got a p30 non pro model here and can't replicate this, I'll have the pro model tomorrow so can see then if I can replicate this and we'll no then if perhaps your specific phone has an issue.

Regards Jase

Thanks a lot Jase. That will be very much appreciated. It's happening only with street lights. That's the one thing bothering me..
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Regards Jase
Thanks a lot Jase. That will be very much appreciated. It's happening only with street lights. That's the one thing bothering me..

Just tried this outside with Street lights and I'm getting a similar effect on my mate 20pro. It's called lens flare and apparently it's a very common issue with smartphones. Don't point the phone directly towards strong light sources especially at night time seems to be the best advice I can find online about it. I'm sure there may be other advice, different settings to try perhaps others may suggest. I'll see what I can figure out myself once I get the p30pro tomorrow.
I have a Nokia 7 plus with me, apparently it didn't have any lens fair in any of these environment. I took photos from both.. Nokia phone surprised me in this area.
Even after resetting the phone still the problem continues. Is there anyone else experiencing same issue?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Even after resetting the phone still the problem continues. Is there anyone else experiencing same issue?
I'm still going to look into this later for you, it's not dark here yet so I'm just waiting. I did read that on pro cameras they use a camera lens hood to prevent this kind of issue. It may be that it's unavoidable and just a unfortunate consequence of modern phone cameras having more sensitive lenses.

Regards Jase
This the condition right now

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Same unfortunately 🙈, I've tried but I'm not sure if there's anything can be done to remedy this 🤷.

You got any idea how to find a solution for this or how to address this to official team to find a solution for this..?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Yeah I'll definitely pass this on. It may be an unfortunate side effect of the super sensitive camera sensor but I honestly don't know for sure. Fingers crossed it can be fixed 🤞

Regards Jase
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,@bittu k paul
Have you ever tried to wipe your camera lens and keep it clean?
Yes. That's the first thing I did. Nothing has worked till now to rectify this issue .
Userlevel 1
I have no issues with night mode on street lamps or car headlights or any kind of lamp

same topic here:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/ask-questions-about-the-camera-on-your-device-26/camera-problems-with-night-photos-on-huawei-p30-pro-3750

someone should link these topics
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thank you @danyboy.

I closed this topic. Let's continue the discussion in the other thread.