P30 Pro not connecting properly with car Bluetooth

• 30 April 2019
  • 14 replies

Hi,
My P30 pro isn't connecting to my car Bluetooth properly. It's all connected to the car, however when I make a phone call, it doesn't go through the cars system, instead it goes through the phones speaker and microphone...... I know it's not the car's system as my old phone was working perfectly with it.
It's very important for my job to be able to answer calls whilst on the go.
Any help would be appreciated and I love the phone as it's brilliant and I highly recommend it but this is the only issue that I have with it.
Many thanks, Connor

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Connorkurtis,

I see in another topic, Max has responded, which might help:

Hey @Envious86, welcome back!
You can select the output in the call menu. If you tap on the speaker icon, while you're connected to a Bluetooth device you can choose whether you want the earpiece, the speaker or the Bluetooth device to play the audio from the call.
I hope this answered your question!
Cheers,Max
I am having the exact same problem with my P30. The speaker icon makes no difference for 2 reasons:
  1. it only appears once the call is made which is no use if you are driving and cannot get to your phone.
  2. none of the options on the speaker icon made any difference for me, neither the audio or microphone connect to the car.
Mine is Audi MMI and it says connected for handsfree, calls and media and texts.
Texts come through, media comes through and even the phone book comes through. I can even start a call from the handsfree but as I said above, no sound or mic get connected.
OK I played with the connections again just now and made sure the car made all the connections rather than the phone. It now seems to be working for outgoing calls, I will see if I can test for incoming calls over the next few days and give an update. Definitely seems to be something funny in the order the connections are made and in what direction though....
Same problem on kia ceed. Once connected it receives calls randomly on bt or phone speaker.
I have a same problem with my bmw e60
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a same problem with my bmw e60

Hmm, no problem here with a BMW G32 (except that album covers are not transferred vie BT but this seems true for many if not all android devices as I've only seen this working with iPhones up to now).
Maybe disconnect and do a new pairing?
code:
I have tried in various ways and nothing solves.
With the huawei P20 I have no problem, only with the P30
Userlevel 2
Badge
Are you on the latest firmware (.193)?
Have you checked if there's an update for the bimmers software?
I have updated p30.
With the P20 I never had a problem.
With p10 lite, I never had a problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi everyone, it seems folks are still having issues with this, so I've flagged for the support team to look at. If you want, you can contact them directly.
My Huawei P30 Pro kept telling me that it "couldn't identify Bluetooth device, please reset device" when I tried to connect to my car Bluetooth.

Just downloaded a third party Bluetooth pairing app and it did wonders.

Perhaps some software issue on the main Bluetooth app?

Hope this helps you guys!
Userlevel 2
Badge
My Huawei P30 Pro kept telling me that it "couldn't identify Bluetooth device, please reset device" when I tried to connect to my car Bluetooth.

Just downloaded a third party Bluetooth pairing app and it did wonders.

Perhaps some software issue on the main Bluetooth app?

Hope this helps you guys!

What is the name of this third party app?
The app is called Bluetooth pair on the Play store.
Userlevel 2
Badge
The app is called Bluetooth pair on the Play store.

Thx - I don't have BT connection problems myself but apparently some do. And this might be helpful.

Can anyone who reported problems in this thread test this app and report back?