Answered

P30 Pro Notifications

• 10 April 2019
  • 45 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 4 replies
Hello,

Sometimes the phone just does not push notifications.
I saw this especially on whatsapp and sometimes on instagram.
I don't see a pattern for this. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I get them in bulk with I open the application.

Also, when I receive them, they do not show an icon or something in the lock screen, even if in the settings, it's set to wake up screen 🙂 .
The only application that shows is the phone (e.g. missed call) or messages (new sms message), other applications don't do this.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by IDM88 29 April 2019, 12:00

I was having this issue myself after getting a new p30. I updated and did a few of the steps above but to no avail. Then thought id check the settings in the whatsapp, pressed the 3 dots, selected popup notification and selected 'always show popup' Now it works fine. It seems obvious but i went to the notifications in the setting first (coming from an apple device - the pop ups are automatically on). Just thought id share if someone has missed this step.
View original

45 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@xfangx ,

Sorry you're having problems with notifications. I've flagged this so the support team can investigate.
I have the same problem, I wish I could se the notifications on the lock screen, Just like you say sometimes they do comme and sometimes they dont other times they just bulk all at once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Sounds like battery management.

Try changing battery management for these apps to manual, this way hopefully the software wont restrict it in the background and thus display notifications as you would expect.

I think the device might be trying to be too tough on app restrictions to keep battery use in order!

Try changing battery management for these apps to manual, this way hopefully the software wont restrict it in the background and thus display notifications as you would expect.

I think the device might be trying to be too tough on app restrictions to keep battery use in order!

I will try this, thanx.

Hello,

I tried this last night.
Switched what apps I wanted from auto to manually and removed the warning with power usage also.

I've let it like this until this morning, when I realized a possible pattern.

I have applications that I use more often. If i used it in the last minutes and I receive a notification from it, it will vibrate, show on lock screen.
If I did not use the application for a while (I saw this with whatsapp for example and a mail app) ~1hour lets say, the notifications will not be pushed.
Also, on whatsapp, there are those marks, that they will you the message was sent, received and read.
People messaging me there, told me that when I do not receive the notifications, I don't appear with the messages received.
I think that the system is putting apps to sleep automatically from somewhere after a period of time and it's cutting them from the internet also.
Is there any place I can look for this in the phone ?

It's disappointing that on other phones with Android also I don't have this kind of issues ...
It gets frustrating as I might receive late relevant information...

P.S. Also tried different power mods, same outcome.
@xfangx
Did you keep all 3 switches on as shown in following screenshot after switch to manual?

@xfangx
Did you keep all 3 switches on as shown in following screenshot after switch to manual?

Yes, all 3 are active for all apps switched to manually
OK so I've had this phone for 2 days now and I'm already wanting to bring it back. There's so many bugs. One seems to be my notifications not showing on the lock screen properly. I see the notification and all it says is 1 new notification from which ever app it is. I have the setting turn on to show all notification. How do I have it show content of the notification on the lockscreen. Once I unlock my phone the notifications don't show on the lockscreen again?
Hey all,

I think I managed to find the fix for this problem. It worked on my P30 Pro at least, been testing it over the last couple of days.

Do the settings that were previously mentioned with making it manual, then click on the settings so you can see all the settings listed; Wireless & Networks, Device connectivity etc and then click on the search at the top. Search for "unrestricted data access" and then click on that. It should then show all your apps, now go through and enable any app that you want the notifications to always come through for, like WhatsApp.

I can't seem to find that option in the settings without searching for it in this way. Strange.

Anyway, hope that helps you all! It has worked for me!

Pasta
Userlevel 1
Hey all,

I think I managed to find the fix for this problem. It worked on my P30 Pro at least, been testing it over the last couple of days.

Do the settings that were previously mentioned with making it manual, then click on the settings so you can see all the settings listed; Wireless & Networks, Device connectivity etc and then click on the search at the top. Search for "unrestricted data access" and then click on that. It should then show all your apps, now go through and enable any app that you want the notifications to always come through for, like WhatsApp.

I can't seem to find that option in the settings without searching for it in this way. Strange.

Anyway, hope that helps you all! It has worked for me!

Pasta

Yes this fixed my issue too thanks
Didn't work for me...

Also waiting for emui 9.1.0.12 update.. read about it, but my 9.1.0113 says it's up to date.

Frustrating not getting notifications on aod, and lock screen.. on top of that, no led notification.

Please, sort this stuff out!!!
I have this also.

Have all lock screen notifications active, but nothing shows up.

Notifications from Whatsapp etc just say notification, with no content. There is no Google play music controls in lock screen either.
I have cloned across from my Mate 10 pro whcih had all these lock screen functionality, this has virtually nothing.

Please sort this.
I have this also.

Notifications from Whatsapp etc just say notification, with no content. There is no Google play music controls in lock screen either.
I have cloned across from my Mate 10 pro whcih had all these lock screen functionality, this has virtually nothing.

Please sort this.

I was having the same issue at first. But fixed it by changing the settings for facial recognition.
So I've another question about this phone. Starting to really dislike it now as it has alot of basic things that other phone have missing. How do I access the notification shade in the lock screen? I can only see the first line of notification and have to unlock to see the whole thing. Its quite annoying. It's a p30 Pro.
Userlevel 1
So I've another question about this phone. Starting to really dislike it now as it has alot of basic things that other phone have missing. How do I access the notification shade in the lock screen? I can only see the first line of notification and have to unlock to see the whole thing. Its quite annoying. It's a p30 Pro.
Just tap on the notification,once or two times I can't remember

So I've another question about this phone. Starting to really dislike it now as it has alot of basic things that other phone have missing. How do I access the notification shade in the lock screen? I can only see the first line of notification and have to unlock to see the whole thing. Its quite annoying. It's a p30 Pro.Just tap on the notification,once or two times I can't remember

When I do that I have to unlock the phone. Sometimes I just like to read the notifications without having to unlock the phone. Seems simple enough as every other phone can do this. Could be just me but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.
I have this also.

Please sort this.

I had this but in facial recognition settings there's an option that worked for me.
Userlevel 1

So I've another question about this phone. Starting to really dislike it now as it has alot of basic things that other phone have missing. How do I access the notification shade in the lock screen? I can only see the first line of notification and have to unlock to see the whole thing. Its quite annoying. It's a p30 Pro.Just tap on the notification,once or two times I can't remember
When I do that I have to unlock the phone. Sometimes I just like to read the notifications without having to unlock the phone. Seems simple enough as every other phone can do this. Could be just me but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Nope. I swear you it works you have to tap twice where i selected in the image, otherwise it will ask to unlock the phone

Nope. I swear you it works you have to tap twice where i selected in the image, otherwise it will ask to unlock the phone

Hmm OK I'll give it another try when I get a notification.
Hi all,
I have the same problem. I've tried all the options posted above and few other things foung throough google but nothing is working. If I'm using WhatsApp notifications are displayed for about 15 min and then nothing. When I re-open app I'm getting all missed messages and calls.

It's really frustrating.

Did any one have any solution, please?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
have you updated to the latest EMUI? 9.10124
https://uk.community.huawei.com/p30-series-30/p30-firmware-9-1-0-124-4122

seems to solve most problems with notifications.
Hi drhouse.
This is my version. When I press to check updates it's telling me that I have the latest version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi drhouse.
This is my version. When I press to check updates it's telling me that I have the latest version.

this is the current version. it seems odd as the documentation states it solves some of these notification issues
I was having this issue myself after getting a new p30. I updated and did a few of the steps above but to no avail. Then thought id check the settings in the whatsapp, pressed the 3 dots, selected popup notification and selected 'always show popup' Now it works fine. It seems obvious but i went to the notifications in the setting first (coming from an apple device - the pop ups are automatically on). Just thought id share if someone has missed this step.
I've selected that option as well. It's working only for about 15 min after the screen locks 🙁. Don't know what else to do.