Answered

P30 Pro Notifications

• 10 April 2019
  • 45 replies

Show first post

45 replies

I was having this issue myself after getting a new p30. I updated and did a few of the steps above but to no avail. Then thought id check the settings in the whatsapp, pressed the 3 dots, selected popup notification and selected 'always show popup' Now it works fine. It seems obvious but i went to the notifications in the setting first (coming from an apple device - the pop ups are automatically on). Just thought id share if someone has missed this step.I've selected that option as well. It's working only for about 15 min after the screen locks 🙁. Don't know what else to do.

One other thing i've found, if you go settings - notifications - more notification settings - then turn on "notifications turn on lock screen" thats working for me now, without those big whatsapp pop ups.

I was having this issue myself after getting a new p30. I updated and did a few of the steps above but to no avail. Then thought id check the settings in the whatsapp, pressed the 3 dots, selected popup notification and selected 'always show popup' Now it works fine. It seems obvious but i went to the notifications in the setting first (coming from an apple device - the pop ups are automatically on). Just thought id share if someone has missed this step.I've selected that option as well. It's working only for about 15 min after the screen locks 🙁. Don't know what else to do.
One other thing i've found, if you go settings - notifications - more notification settings - then turn on "notifications turn on lock screen" thats working for me now, without those big whatsapp pop ups.

I've did what you've said and here what I have (see below) don't know why but theres nothing showing?

I have got the solution by testing all the above suggestions and the ones gathered from other forums. You guys will not suffer the same pain if you follow the steps below.

First of all, I want to make it clear that people like me want their screens turned back on showing notifications and the contents without unlocking the phone.

While others argue that the default mode is advanced in protecting privacy, people who are the providers of professional services really want their phones to keep them informed of what the messages exactly are about. Our clients usually expect an immediate response regarding their inquiries.

To avoid wasting your time. I have picked up the irrelevant and useless content in the previous comments above:

• This is not a bug or shortcoming. When there is a change, we hate it. It took me two weeks to fully switch from my iPhone 7 Plus to Huawei P30 Pro. Did I mention that I was a laggard for most of these new-tech products previously?
  • There are so many advanced setting options protecting privacy on the phone. However, these advanced functions or setting options have also made the phone too complicated for the entry-level users like me.
  • This issue has nothing to do with the phone's 'battery management' or 'unrestricted data access'. Do not modify anything there.
Step One:

Set your theme to be 'Magazine unlock'.
On, please!

Step Two:

Setting >> Notifications >> More notification settings >> Notifications turn on screen.
On, please!

Step Three:

I struggled quite a while and thought that I had done everything correctly but why the hell my phone still did not show me the content of notifications. After a few other attempts, I found that it was the face recognition playing up.

Therefore, Settings >> Security& privacy >> Face recognition >> Show notifications
Off, please!

If you read the notes under this setting, you will understand why this needs to be off:
"Only show the content of lock screen notifications when your face is recognised."

Conclusion

This is the killer!
It is your choice to have either advanced security and face recognition, or you give up on showing the content of your notifications while the phone is locked.

I decide to go for the former because of my job as a licensed immigration adviser. If your occupational duties require your immediate responses to your clients, I guess that you really want to turn it off. Showing the content of notifications surely assists me to keep up with my emails, messages and calls. Meanwhile, it helps me to selectively make responses to those clients who are in dire needs. I would advise you to do the same if you work in the industries of legal service, sales, marketing, personal service or other highly client-engaged services
Correction:

"...
Conclusion

This is the killer!
It is your choice to have either advanced security and face recognition, or the content of your notifications shown while the phone is locked.

I decide to go for the latter because of my job as a licensed immigration adviser. If your occupational duties require your immediate responses to your clients, I guess that you really want to turn it off. Showing the content of notifications surely assists me to keep up with my emails, messages and calls. Meanwhile, it helps me to selectively make responses to those clients who are in dire needs. I would advise you to do the same if you work in the industries of legal service, sales, marketing, personal service or other highly client-engaged services. "
I have searched and read and installed countless third party apps and also changed every setting suggested but nothing *nothing* will work to allow me to see WhatsApp notifications on my lock screen. All others I get (Ring, Messenger, SMS etc) but *not* WhatsApp. It's 2 weeks now and I have honestly done everything that is out there to fix this. I don't use face unlock I use fingerprints but I have tried having no security on my phone and that makes no difference either.

I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if there was an LED but this is a massive flaw that is very frustrating. Yes my phone is up to date.
I've tried all solutions listed abowe and all other options found on internet and still I don't get notifications from Whats App and Skype. Even when someone is calling me on those 2 apps I'm not notified at all.
It's not that I'm not getting notifications on lock sceen, I don't get the notifications at all for those 2 apps. When I open the app it's showing all missed calls and all messages people has been sending me but there's no notification what so ever that someone messaged/called me.
I'm out of options now and don't know where else to search for solution for this issue...
It is now also not showing the SMS icon on lock screen either, this is the built in SMS app.

What a bag of turd this operating system is.

Has anyone tried installing a different launcher to see if that fixes anything?
This is quite possibly the most frustrating phone that I have ever bought...

I really like the phone, it looks nice, it's fast, the camera is amazing and the battery is great however, what is the point of a notification system that does not tell you when you have a message?

I'm not talking about it not showing on the lock screen like some people have mentioned, I'm talking about it not receiving notifications at all. Things like WhatsApp where you can go into the app and then it all of a sudden updates telling you that you have messages that were sent hours ago but the phone just didn't notify you.

This is honestly starting to feel like some sort of horrible joke... It would be nice if there was a response from Huawei themselves informing us that they are fixing it or that they even acknowledge this as a problem. This problem is making the phone completely unusable.

I have tried to contact the support team to get help and they were very nice and gave me what they said was a fix. This has obviously not worked so I messaged them back telling them this to which I did not get a response. Since then I have sent them 3 more emails over the space of about two weeks and they have still not responded. What is going on Huawei?!?!?! This is a joke...
If you install an app called Led Blinker you will at least get a notification light on your screen but only after unlocking it.

As said above, Huawei, answers please, this phone was *very* expensive and it's not doing what a £50 phone would do.
Ok so to make matters worse, I have just been on the phone to Virgin media (who I have the phone contract with) for the last two hours and they have completely washed their hands of this issue and the fact that the phone is going to have problems going forwards. They will not even let me exchange the phone for a different one as it has fallen out of the 14 day period.

What an absolute joke this is. They informed me that it is to do with Huawei and their contract/warranty, basically telling me that there is nothing I can do nor is there anything that they can do to help/replace the phone with a new one (that actually works!).

So, from what I was told, the only thing that we can do is wait, like we have been waiting, hoping that Huawei actually decide to do something about this at some point. I am extremely frustrated that I am locked into a contract for a phone that doesn't actually work as a phone and am completely powerless to change it at all. Goodbye £1,000 what a waste of money this is starting to feel like...
The only silver linings are - 1. Huawei fix the issue. 2. They allow the boot loader to be unlocked so it can be rooted and another rom installed.

The problem *is* Huawei but it's the software not the hardware, going forward and if the Google block affects this model a root may be the only solution.
Userlevel 4
Badge
We are sorry, unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. We'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Got the update today which supposedly fixes notifications not showing, guess what, it's made zero difference. Still see no WhatsApp notifications on lock screen. Great. Oh, Huawei staff, you look at this thread and you fix the problem with *your* phone, don't just fob us off with 'sorry...call....blah'
Hello all,

I have been experiencing similar issues. In this particular case, outlook.

I was able to overcome using the following:

Settings> battery> app launch. Set this app to manual. Make sure auto, secondary and background are enabled.

Settings> type in unrestricted access> select your app and ensure it has unrestricted access to data.

Settings> Notifications> Lock screen Notifications> show.

Settings> Notifications> more notification settings> notifications turn on screen.

Settings> Users and accounts. MAKE SURE YOUR APP IS HERE. Outlook would not add at this point. Therefore, I uninstalled, reinstalled, and added the account using settings> user and accounts and NOT via the app.

Outlook does not show on this section, even though it has been added. However, I started receiving notifications straight away.

In addition, check your default app. I changed my email to outlook before the uninstall. Mine reverted to default after I competed the process.

For you whatapp users, backup your chats, use the ellipsis but to enable popup notifications. Failing that, uninstall, update EMUI then reinstall your app.

I suspect there is some underlying config that don't get resolved without a reinstall.

I used the above and seem to have got my apps working.
Hey guys..i was having the same issue.
I got a solution for you all.
My whatsapp and instagram had a" lock apps" built-in funtion.once i turn it off , my messages start to show on lock screen and in notification also when the screen is turn on.
So if you have a built-in lock.just turn it off.
I Hope it help guys.
for a whole week i thought it was my phone that had this problem. It was doing my head in. I DO not get notifications of whatsapp messaging, CALLS or even sometimes instagram or emails until i open the apps itself. I would have no indication that anything has come through and as such i have missed important messages.

This may be the first and last time i buy a huawei if they can't fix small essential things like push notifications. I have tried all of the multiple settings i can find anywhere on websites, forums, or even using my own understanding of mobile phones!!!

FIX this!!!1
I don't see ANY notifications on the Always on Display of my P30. I am running last version and I notice that support for 3rd-party app notifications on the AOD was introduced in 9.1.0.124, however I do not see these and I do not see notifications even for stock apps - for instance a missed call. All this is displayed is the date/time and battery indication.
Any Idea what to do?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Petrva i moved your post here to avoid duplication. Hopefully the answer here and responses from others will help you with your notifications.
Hi @Petrva i moved your post here to avoid duplication. Hopefully the answer here and responses from others will help you with your notifications.
Please note: I have no problems with notifications, I can bypass your battery management, but I have problem with notifications only on AOD, there is any icons -SMS, Missed calls, only I can see is time and battery..
Where in the forum is the same problem you want to avoid duplication with?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello all!

Huawei always strives to deliver the best to you!

Therefore, your feedback will be forwarded to the developments team and it will be considered for a future update.

If you have any other suggestions or inquiries, do not hesitate to let us know!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT