Answered

P30 Pro poor WiFi speed

• 6 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I just bought a P30 pro in UK Vog-L09. I'm upgrating from oneplus 6.
I have 1gbps Internet at home.
In my living room I get about 40MB/sec with P30 pro and around 30MB/sec with oneplus.
The problem is in the bedroom. Same spot. P30 pro gets 0.9MB/sec where oneplus is 20+MB/sec.
I can't stream anything. Restarted both the phone and the router.

Anyone having the same issue?
I'm thinking of returning the phone...
icon

Best answer by Dim3nsi0n 10 April 2019, 15:03

Hi Max,

Sorry I've forgot about this question. I've changed the WiFi channel and it works properly now.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @Dim3nsi0n, welcome to the community!

We were saddened to hear that you are thinking about returning your P30 Pro.

Since different brands and models use different technology for wifi, some devices might be prioritized higher than others.

To make sure, that you don't have issues with the network settings we would suggest resetting them. To do that you simply open Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.

You might also want to enquire about this with your network provider, maybe they can change something on their side to resolve this.

Also try connecting to other home wifi networks to see if the device behaves the same! Another suggestion would be moving the router to a different place in your home.

I hope this will help! Let us know if you've encountered other shortcomings.

Kind regards,
Max
Hi Max,

Sorry I've forgot about this question. I've changed the WiFi channel and it works properly now.
Very disappointed with my p30 pro!!! Very slow on WiFi.. My last phone was oneplus 6 and it billions very fast never let me down.. It automatically switches to the best WiFi from 2g to5g witch I think that's what huawei missing... Hope huawei can sort this out on next update!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Nunjo, I moved your post here to avoid double threads. Please take a look at this solution and let us know if you still need help.