Question

P30 Pro Speaker Distortion

• 9 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello.

Short story;

I'm having difficulties with my P30 Pro as described in the title of this topic. The speaker suddenly started distorting any and all audio. This is the second device I have had the issue with and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Long story;

I upgraded my phone (my first p30 pro device) and within 2 weeks the main speaker began distorting sound. Any sound coming through, i.e. notifications, music, videos, would crackle. I sent it back to my contract supplier and they gave me a new device as a replacement. Approximately 2 months on and the new device has been fine, until now.

The new device was working fine earlier today, playing music/videos/notifications perfectly. I turned silent mode on for work, watched a video however and still working fine. I then turned silent mode off and the first notification I received sounded terrible. I tried playing music and the speaker has now developed the same crackling/distortion problem as the other. This happens even at low volume, but does get worse as the volume increases.

I am going to go to my contract supplier's shop tomorrow to see what they can do but am now considering trying to change my device. The phone is amazing and I would like to keep to the p30 Pro but as this is the second one that has developed this issue I am now losing faith as it were.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks for reading and thank you in anticipation of your replies.

Kind regards,
Dom

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Dom,

Welcome on the community! Have you been back at the store yet? If not, could you please let us know what software version you are currently using?

Also, please take a look at this thread as a simple reset might solve your issues. 🙂
Hello I have the same problem with my p30 pro. I found that it happens because of two reasons.
1. When you push the screen a little higher from the touch sensor then a distortion is happening. But after a few minutes it stops.
2. The distortion happens also when the phone is exposed to cool air. It first happens to me when I was driving and I had the phone in a car case in front of the car air-condition. The voice from the Google maps was distorting terribly. You can see if it's true putting your phone in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Is this a manufacturer problem or it happens to all p30 pro?
Hey there,

So I was on an phone call with my headphones in and everything was fine, then all of sudden the sound went quiet. I thought initially it was my headphones however I then put the phone call on loud speaker and theres a very quiet muffled sound, its quite cracky and distant. Talking on the phone is fine and I can hear the other person, I just cant use this for playing anything out loud such as YouTube videos or music.

I just bought the phone under 2 months ago, never dropped it or any damage. What is the problem?????

Please help, this was a lot of money and is causing so much stress. No one is carphone warehouse is available to fix it as they are on holiday for two weeks!

Thank you!
Also it dosent work with my headphones connected at all, again the same muffled sound.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@H Robson I moved your comments to this thread to avoid duplication. Can you let us know the software version you are on? Also Amy suggests a reset might help. Don't forget ti back up first and let us know if this helps.

Hey Dom,

Welcome on the community! Have you been back at the store yet? If not, could you please let us know what software version you are currently using?

Also, please take a look at this thread as a simple reset might solve your issues. :)