Answered

p30 pro update .185

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi all,
I know i am meant to ask the online support about this but they cannot help me.

I have just got update .185 for the p30 pro, this was over 4gb in size.
I'm just wondering what this update does? it seems a rather large installation file.

Thank you in advance.

Tony
icon

Best answer by Jovo 31 August 2019, 00:19

Vodafone Germany. But I bought the phone free / without simlock or any other vendor dependency.
View original

26 replies

July security patch some camera improvements and I cant remember what else it said for P30 version. No idea why it was so big (was for P30 too) but all works nicely so far.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@IOI-655321 it just seems a rather large update, normally these about about 500mb. @Amy can you shed any light on this?
Amy is on holiday until the end of the month I saw in another thread.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy gets holidays ?? lol

@Max can you help ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Crawshaw09 - yeah, Amy gets time off. I saw your question about the download size, I think I've seen a response elsewhere in the community. Just can't track it down. Monday's can be a little crazy with moderation - even more so when Amy is off relaxing. So hopefully, I'll find it and get back to you shortly. 😎
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Danjl any joy with the info?
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@Crawshaw09

185 update includes:

[Camera]
Optimizes Camera performance in certain scenarios.
[Fingerprint]
Optimizes the in-screen fingerprint reader for faster unlock speed.
[Security]
Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Crawshaw09 - sorry thought I'd replied 😔- I couldn't find the comment I'd seen. But if I recall correctly, it basically stated - it's a big update, hence the size. Sorry I couldn't provide further details. As @Tboy2000 states, there are some important updates included.
Userlevel 2
Badge
183 is already old again, I got 193 yesterday. That update was only 245 MB
183 is already old again, I got 193 yesterday. That update was only 245 MB
Hello, any changes worth updating? Is this monster glasses support an app, can be disabled or not?

Thank You.
Pawel
Monster glasses is a device. Nothing needs to be disabled.
Yes I know but there can be an app with update to manage those glasses, and this what I'm asking.
Is there?

Thx
Pawel
Userlevel 2
Badge
No additional app.
There are changes to the camera e.g. enabling night mode for front cam and other "optimizations" (not that I'd notice a big change to the previous .183 in back camera images..)
And, of course but still important 1. Aug security patch level.
Userlevel 5
Badge
What network at you on?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Vodafone Germany. But I bought the phone free / without simlock or any other vendor dependency.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I want to see the night selfie in action. I cannot find pics to videos anywhere???
Userlevel 2
Badge
Night mode for front cam is less than spectacular. It's quite hard to see a difference to the normal photo..
Userlevel 5
Badge
Can u take a pic with the screen recorder on ?
Userlevel 2
Badge
OK, in really dark scenes the night mode is slightly better - but nowhere near to the effect you see with the back camera or the magic that GCam does on supported devices.

This is with the normal "photo" mode :

And here the night mode:

Userlevel 5
Badge
That is poor. Why not just put an option to toggle the flash on? Rather than off and auto...
Userlevel 2
Badge
Oh, there IS a toggle for flash set to off, auto and also always on with the front cam now.
Is that new?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yep and the front camera I only see auto and off.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Now it looks like that:

Userlevel 5
Badge
Still waiting on my update 😭
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, this arbitrary batch releases really are annoying.
I like it as it is on the iPhones where all user get the update at the same time.