Question

P30 Pro Volume Fluctuation

• 23 April 2019
  • 37 replies

Iv recently purchased my p30 pro and am loving it but i have 1 main issue with it at the moment. When i am watching or listening to something on the phone through the built in speakers the volume will randomly drop at times, i am not clicking the volume rocker and when i check the volume level it is at the same that it was before the volume drop.

37 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I've been playing music pretty much constantly at work for the past two days trying to replicate this issue as this is the second similar post I've seen about this, unfortunately I can't make this happen so I'm not entirely sure how to fix it 🤔. Perhaps it's a battery optimization thing, was your phone fully charged? Or maybe one of your installed apps could be causing some sort of conflict, the only way to find that out would be systematically uninstalling individual apps, then testing to see if it's fixed the issue or not. Depending on how many apps you've got installed that could take some time.

Regards Jase
I'm having the same problem as Ltcollins96, the volume gradually drops when I'm watching YouTube videos, and increases again after some time. It seems like a strange issue that I've seen quite a few people mention now
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey all,

We're sorry to hear about this inconvenience! We hope it's not a huge dealbreaker.

The volume actually decreases for a couple seconds when you receive notifications, even if the phone is on silent mode.This is a built in function which lets you notice alarms/notifications more easily.

Please check if there's a link between this and your situation. Let us know if you managed to find out anything about this!

Cheers,
Max
"The volume actually decreases for a couple seconds when you receive notifications, even if the phone is on silent mode.This is a built in function which lets you notice alarms/notifications more easily."

Hi, this isn't the case for me. There's no notifications, and the phone is still new so there's not much installed on it except whatsapp.
Its not notifications for me either, the volume goes down for a good few minutes before it starts to come back up again
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,@Ltcollins96
Have you noticed under what circumstances the sound will automatically become smaller?
Anytime something is playing through the speaker, the volume drop dosent happen when i have headphones in.
Bought a P30 Pro a few days ago and am having the exact same issue. Nothing to do with notifications, it just randomly happens when I'm watching youtube, the volume just goes really quiet for a couple minutes then goes back to normal. Is it a deal breaker? Well it's not a cheap phone, it's very expensive and you'd expect not to have all these little issues.
I do have the same annoying problem. Every time audio playback starts via an app (Audible, YouTube etc.) the sound volume decreases significantly after 10-30 seconds of playback. After a couple of minutes, it goes back to the level it had before.

That is very annoying, especially since I am trying to listen to audiobooks when I try to sleep. It wakes me up when the sound increases again to its old level. Please look into this issue as soon as possible!

EDIT: I am really happy with my P30 Pro in general, but this bug is a huge no-no to me, as I cannot enjoy the audiobooks I am used to for my sleep-in time (I can overcome the issue by changing the volume when watching a video, but at night, it is a huge dealbreaker)
I am experiencing this exact same problem, does it maybe have something to do with Dolby Atmos? I haven't tried to check if that is the real problem. Maybe some battery optimalization related thing? Seems to be a software problem at least. Would be looking forward to a fix from Huawei.
I had the Mate 10 before upgrading to the P30.
I've had the same issue with the Mate 10 before, but the audio problems went away overtime.

Now with the P30 I'm experiencing the same thing and it's quite frustrating this time because the P30 doesn't have the dual speakers like the Mate 10 did which makes the sound very low in ny opinion.
i have the same problem of sound going low, but it only happens with videos played on facebook. youtube and vlc work fine
I contacted support through HiCare. They said it's because of compatibility issues with third party apps. We'll just have to wait for updates to fix the issue.
Iv solved this put ya headphones in turn in right up take them out problem solved 😉
Same P30 Pro and same problem. Happens with quite many applikations (YouTube, Supla, Yle Areena). Might be related to Huawei's power saving stuff or something.

SW version 9.1.0.161
Ok. I thought I was going crazy. This has been happening to be as well. It's usually when I'm playing a game (PAC MAN - I know. It ages me lol).

I thought it was a battery consumption thing, as the last time it happened my battery was at 26%. But if it's just an app incompatibility thing, that's not too bad. As long as it doesn't get any worse. It's more of a mind game than anything else. I was getting worried that I physically damaged the phone somehow.
Hello, I think it's due to the option "Respect battery optimisation". I have a P20 and I've this probleme since I had the Android 9 installed.

Go to settings - applications - applications - click on the right top (
the three vertical points) - special applications authorization and finally respect battery optimization. select "all application" and choose for example youtube or applications where you have this problem and select "no autorized) ==> sorry but I've translated from French phone...

tell me if it's Ok now.

regards
I have the same problem at low volume in certain circumstances, try everything and there is no solution, take the authorized service and they told me to change the motherboard and it seems that the audio board also
Hello, I think it's due to the option "Respect battery optimisation". I have a P20 and I've this probleme since I had the Android 9 installed.

Go to settings - applications - applications - click on the right top (
the three vertical points) - special applications authorization and finally respect battery optimization. select "all application" and choose for example youtube or applications where you have this problem and select "no autorized) ==> sorry but I've translated from French phone...

tell me if it's Ok now.

regards

hi!!
does not solve
someone sent to the huawei technical service?.........................
Hey all,

We're sorry to hear about this inconvenience! We hope it's not a huge dealbreaker.

The volume actually decreases for a couple seconds when you receive notifications, even if the phone is on silent mode.This is a built in function which lets you notice alarms/notifications more easily.

Please check if there's a link between this and your situation. Let us know if you managed to find out anything about this!

Cheers,
Max

Hey! I've been having the same issue, but I mostly notice it during a phone call. Sometimes the volume randomly drops so much that I can barely hear the other person. It's happened in a game app too.
Holy jesus! It's not just me. Had this problem since day one tried full restores of the handset new setups everything! Even clearing the cache partition doesn't solve it only thing I've tired which sometimes work is clearing the cache for that app before use seems to be a little better if you do that. If anyone knows a perminant fix I'm all ears tho lol
Hi.

It is the battery optimisation setting, it can switched off for certain apps. I deactivated it for Facebook and YouTube and touch wood... Its solved the problem

Craig
P30Pro: Same Problem, when i am listening to audiobooks via audible. Volume constantly fluctuates between loud and quiet. Tried all the tips above, but doesn't work.
Tomorrow I have to go to the technical service of Huawei, he told me that it will be motherboard change, but I have to take proof of the failure