Answered

P30 Pro Volume Fluctuation

• 23 April 2019
  • 50 replies

Show first post

50 replies

Same problem here!! Did someone find a solution? Anyone talked with technical service? This is so annoying...
Talk to the technical service, they told me motherboard change, lately it does not happen to you tube, only in the only game I use and on Facebook, I will wait for the beta of EMUI 10, if it remains the same I will insist for the change of motherboard
Iv recently purchased my p30 pro and am loving it but i have 1 main issue with it at the moment. When i am watching or listening to something on the phone through the built in speakers the volume will randomly drop at times, i am not clicking the volume rocker and when i check the volume level it is at the same that it was before the volume drop.
I've got same problem. Whenever I use the loudspeaker so am hands free on a call volume drops. If I connect to Bluetooth in car no issues but as soon as I disconnect and continue call via loudspeaker the volume drops again. Very frustrating. Been told to back up all data and do full reset of phone.
I contacted support through HiCare. They said it's because of compatibility issues with third party apps. We'll just have to wait for updates to fix the issue.
Don't believe what they say regarding the above. As this happens when I'm taking a call and on loudspeaker and that's not an app.
So, this issue should affect to all p30 pro? Is not only an issue of my phone?

Just to exchange it or not... But as I see, lot of people is affected
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
All, sorry to hear people are having issues with this. Please know this has been raised with the support team. If you wish you can contact them direct.
All, sorry to hear people are having issues with this. Please know this has been raised with the support team. If you wish you can contact them direct.

I'm from Spain...

All, sorry to hear people are having issues with this. Please know this has been raised with the support team. If you wish you can contact them direct.I'm from Spain...

Do you recommend me to wait until EMUI 10, to see if this problem is solved?
Hello, I think it's due to the option "Respect battery optimisation". I have a P20 and I've this probleme since I had the Android 9 installed.

Go to settings - applications - applications - click on the right top (
the three vertical points) - special applications authorization and finally respect battery optimization. select "all application" and choose for example youtube or applications where you have this problem and select "no autorized) ==> sorry but I've translated from French phone...

tell me if it's Ok now.

regards

2 days later, I can tell that this does not work for me...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Erlanttz the number for the support helpdesk is spain is:

• Hotline: 900483303
  • Support Language: Español
  • Support Time: Espanol/ Lunes a Domingo 9:00 a 21:00
Hi all,
Is there a fix to this issue yet as I too am having the same problem with my P30 pro. Volume decreases dramatically when on loud speaker.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello there all!

Thank you for letting is know about this! If you are still experiencing this issues, please send me your serial numbers in private message so I can investigate this case for you!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Iv recently purchased my p30 pro and am loving it but i have 1 main issue with it at the moment. When i am watching or listening to something on the phone through the built in speakers the volume will randomly drop at times, i am not clicking the volume rocker and when i check the volume level it is at the same that it was before the volume drop.
I'm having the same issue with no luck, clear cache and full factory reset with same sound issue. Can anyone help from Huawei please. You do not expect this from a top of the range phone at £1000
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Smith please provide the information requested to @BarneyT :

Hello there all!

Thank you for letting is know about this! If you are still experiencing this issues, please send me your serial numbers in private message so I can investigate this case for you!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Yes, I have a new P30 Pro with the same volume problem... I have sent pm to Barney with the phones IMEI number.... Let's hope they get a fix soon!!
Hello, was anyone able to fix this issue?
I'm experiencing the same thing.
I never got a reply from Barney...was 9 days ago! Does he work for Huawei?
Not very impressed with the Company so far over this known and serious fault..
Yeah, same thing here. Haven't got an answer since ten days.

Iv recently purchased my p30 pro and am loving it but i have 1 main issue with it at the moment. When i am watching or listening to something on the phone through the built in speakers the volume will randomly drop at times, i am not clicking the volume rocker and when i check the volume level it is at the same that it was before the volume drop.I've got same problem. Whenever I use the loudspeaker so am hands free on a call volume drops. If I connect to Bluetooth in car no issues but as soon as I disconnect and continue call via loudspeaker the volume drops again. Very frustrating. Been told to back up all data and do full reset of phone.

How do we send a private message as requested?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello all!

I am sorry that you are having issues! I would ask you all to send me your serial (Settings > System > About phone > Serial number) and build numbers (Settings > System > Build number) in a private message so I can escalate these case to the developers. They will have a deeper search on this situations. After that I will be back with an update on this case. 

I am looking forward to your messages and wish you a lovely day!

All the best,

BarneyT

How do we send a pm

Userlevel 2
Badge

How do we send a pm

Tap on the users name and in the profile choose Send message. 

Hi, I am in the same situation and it's driving me mad. Everything was perfectly fine but since last software update, everytime I am on YouTube sound goes very low volume after 5sec into video. Barely can listen to anything. This is ridiculous and frustrating giving the fact the phone sound was surprisingly loud when I bought it. I tried every setting possible, but no success. Please help. 

Have a P30 pro, exactly the same speaker fluctuation. This is a serious problem for a $1000 phone. Is it hardware or software. We need answers urgently.

My guess is, this is a hardware issue affecting early build models, in which case you should already be aware of this Serious Fault. Huawei seem to make great phones but customer service is frankly non-existent.

will you be announcing product recall of early build phones?...