P30 software updates

• 18 April 2019
  • 62 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
All,

Just downloaded and installed the new firmware for P30, I am located in the UK.
Change log attached in picture.
Created this thread to discuss benefits and issues with new version.

62 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Improvements noticed so far:
- third party notifications working much better
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
The fingerprint sensor is still randomly illuminating, so issue not fixed in this update
latest update is EMUI 9.1.0.153
https://www.huaweicentral.com/huawei-p30-and-p30-pro-getting-dual-view-video-mode-with-a-new-emui-9-1-update/
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@danyboy the EMUI 9.1.0.153 update is rolling out in China at them moment. I have not seen firm dates yet for a roll-out outside China. The dual camera feature looks very exciting!
Any early reports if 9.1.0.153 is fixing the fingerprint sensor randomly illuminating?
With this update my main screen disply push for install widgets does not work anymore.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hello @XBertham do you mean on version 9.1.0.124? Can you please elaborate on the problem a bit?

Since this update I cannot add new weather widget on the main display.
I push on the display screen and nothing appears anymore.
Problem solved. Factory reset done and all works perfect now.
It is strange that with normal update things goes wrong with some hardware on board.
Still I am very happy with the p30 pro
Userlevel 3
I have P30 and it is still showing 9.1.0.122 is the latest update
(Current version: 9.1.0.122. Your software is up to date)

If I assume the latest release in China is 9.1.0.153 and in @XBertham country 9.1.0.140 and in my country "Bahrain" it is just 9.1.0.122, it is really annoying, I mean this much of gab between regions? seriously?

In the next update should I get 9.1.0.123? or I will jump direct to -for example- 9.1.0.140?
We are waiting many fixes, so it is unfair to give several updates to country-A while country-B still stuck on the same release from long time.
In case of a new update be sure to have a recent backup on your extern memory disk.
Otherwise you have to do factory reset which is a lot of work to reinstall all apps.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
In Europe, we are currently at 9.1.0.140, which includes camera optimization and April patch

https://drscmedia.eu/huawei-p30-pro-receives-update-april-2019-security-patch-and-camera-improvements/

Netx patch should be May google patch+the new dual-view mode.

@XBertham actually you can still access the widgets by "pinching" the screen

Yes now it works after factory reset.
THX @DRSC Media
I have P30 and it is still showing 9.1.0.122 is the latest update
(Current version: 9.1.0.122. Your software is up to date)

If I assume the latest release in China is 9.1.0.153 and in @XBertham country 9.1.0.140 and in my country "Bahrain" it is just 9.1.0.122, it is really annoying, I mean this much of gab between regions? seriously?

In the next update should I get 9.1.0.123? or I will jump direct to -for example- 9.1.0.140?
We are waiting many fixes, so it is unfair to give several updates to country-A while country-B still stuck on the same release from long time.

Mine is still on 9.1.0.109 🤦🏻‍♀️
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
My P30 just received update to version 9.1.0.153, change log:
  • Dual view video
  • April security update
  • Huawei vlog
No mention of any bug fixes, but the fingerprint hasn't come while locked since the upgrade 🤞🏻

@Amy or @Danjl can we change the title of this post to 'P30 software updates' please? That way it is not version specific and we can keep it going. 😁

My P30 just received update to version 9.1.0.153, change log:
  • Dual view video
  • April security update
  • Huawei vlog
No mention of any bug fixes, but the fingerprint hasn't come while locked since the upgrade 🤞🏻

@Amy or @Danjl can we change the title of this post to 'P30 software updates' please? That way it is not version specific and we can keep it going. 😁

Was your phone unlocked?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Darryl I guess it's unlocked, there was no carrier software on it
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Changed the topic title @ClogPower 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Amy awesome, thank you. 👍🏻
153 Just arrived on EE in the UK. Phone was bought from EE so I assume its locked to EE.
Userlevel 2
Still no any visual notifications on P30 with 153
Hi y'all

Five days ago I acquired a P30 Pro on contract from Three UK - and I loved it - until this morning, when an OTA system update arrived, namely {H3G.GB.9.1.03(CT) | 9.1.0.153 (C431E4R2P2}, containing the April Security patches and stuff.

This software blob upon installation rendered WiFi-calling inoperative on my handset.

Today I spent a lot of time on the phone with Three support; no resolution was found to my dilemma and I got the impression that Three thought it was not their problem.

Can anyone recommend who to contact (Google/Huawei/Three?) that might help me find a resolution to this problem.
Userlevel 1
9.1.0.153 has introduced a bug with Android Auto.
Using the device with 90%+ or reaching 90%+ during use causes a disconnect loop with an error as shown.

This has now been confirmed by a couple of users.

All is now well again for me - as a last resort I did a FACTORY RESET and it restored WIFi calling on my 9.1.0.153 P30 Pro.
This was hard work!

Kudos to Huawei support for their sturdy help.
what is huawei p30 software update 9.0.1.135
How will it affect my P30 lite?