Answered

Screen locking - stay unlocked on P30

• 23 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello,

Wondering if someone could tell me how to change a setting on my phone. I want my screen to stay unlocked for a longer period of time but unsure how to change it. Feels like I unlock my phone, put it down for a second then pick it up and it's locked again. Hope this makes sense.

Kimberley.
icon

Best answer by Jase 24 April 2019, 00:07

Settings, Display, Sleep, then just change it to the time you wantπŸ˜‰

Regards DadπŸ˜‚
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Regards DadπŸ˜‚
Userlevel 3

Regards DadπŸ˜‚

Thanks dad 😁
Having the same issue. The "Settings -> Display -> Sleep" doesn't help. And it's not even that the option is inactive. It is active, but whatever option I choose, including "never", the screen goes in the sleep mode within less than 15 seconds. It appears to be a bug. The phone is fresh out of the box.
It seems like the reason why the "sleep" setting stopped working is that I used the Android backup function to restore my calling and texting history. At least that seems to be the case according to the Amazon review that describes the situation that is exactly the same as my own. The solution is doing a hard reset and after that finding other ways to restore the history, or to make do without restoring it. In theory that is, I'm not going to do that, I'm just going to use other workarounds like special apps that keep the screen awake. Kind of lame I have to resort to that though, I don't like it.