Question

Setting for (ultra) Battery save mode trigger?

• 9 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi! I recently received my P30 pro and so far I'm really happy with it, I have been looking through the settings for the last few days and I got a bit confused at the battery section. I like to maintain my phone batteries and keep them good for as long as possible. To do this i tend to start my charge cycles at around 30% and end at 70%. My old phone had an option to set at which battery percentage to trigger battery saving mode, but I did not find such a setting on the P30 (yet?),
Is there, or will there be a setting to trigger battery saving mode (and Ultra battery saving mode) when the phone hits a certain battery percentage?
If you guys have other tips on maintaining your P30 for a long life I'd love to hear it!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@entastictreeman I don't own the P30 Pro but my guess is you can't change the percentage when those modes alert you. I have owned three Huawei phones and I never got that option. At the moment, at 20% battery you get the notification to enable power saving mode if you want and at 10% battery for ultra power saving mode.

I stand to be corrected, but just sharing my knowledge from previous Huawei phones.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @entastictreeman

Congratulations on the P30 Pro. I'm on a Mate 20 Pro at the moment but I'll try to help.

If I recall correctly 'power saving mode' option is triggered at 20%. I don't think this can be changed. You are also able to turn on 'ultra power saving mode' from the quick switches via the drop down menu. Features are very limited in the latter mode but if you're really stuck it might come in handy.

I said "if I recall" as tbh it's very rare for me to even have to think about the battery on the Mate 20 Pro (or my Mate 20X ). It easily lasts a full day (and then some) and charges incredibly quickly. As such, I'm not sure the last time I was even under 20%. Should be the same, or better, with the P30 Pro. Enjoy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello,

As discussed the phone will prompt at 20% battery for power saving mode but you would still have hours of use left.

The device should maintain battery integrity for 18+months if not longer as it learns your habits and app use to maintain best use.

I charge my device when I go to bed at whatever percentage, when it hits 100% charge the device is not over charging etc like old phones used too.

Fast charge should give you 70% battery in about 30mins too.

Ultra battery save would give you basic phone functions for another 24hrs if not more when battery hits 20%.

Basically, I don't think you have to worry! 🙂
Hi! I recently received my P30 pro and so far I'm really happy with it, I have been looking through the settings for the last few days and I got a bit confused at the battery section. I like to maintain my phone batteries and keep them good for as long as possible. To do this i tend to start my charge cycles at around 30% and end at 70%. My old phone had an option to set at which battery percentage to trigger battery saving mode, but I did not find such a setting on the P30 (yet?),
Is there, or will there be a setting to trigger battery saving mode (and Ultra battery saving mode) when the phone hits a certain battery percentage?
If you guys have other tips on maintaining your P30 for a long life I'd love to hear it!

You can use the app AccuBattery on Play Store, it’ll be alert by sound when your charging reach 70% (able to set different number) but it not automatic, just alert.