Answered

"Star pattern" on photos with longer shutter speed

Hello, i have a trouble with my P30 lite. On photo's with longer shutter speed is some kind of " star pattern" little, white dots that look like a stars.

It happens in PRO mode, Night mode and all other's where the shutter is longer than 1/8. the pattern is same on all photos. The phone is brand new. Is that a hardware or software issue?
icon

Best answer by CharlieT 16 July 2019, 14:57

Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you. We can escalate your matter to our development team, so we can solve it as soon as possible for you with a system update.
In order to make a request, can you please send me a private message with the serial number and current build number of your phone. You can find both of them in Settings > System > About phone. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
CharlieT. 💡😉
View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Bucket 94,

Welcome on the community!

Thanks for sharing the photo, that helps. Are you using a tripod with this mode?
Yes i did, and also without tripod I left it on the table. And nothing changed, I think it doesn't matter if it's on tripod or not, the result is same every time. It's weird that dots are sharp ulike the rest of the photo. It looks like dust on the lens or something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Bucket94,

Thanks you for the quick reply. Have you tried a reset? Please take a look at this thread.

If the issues still persist after the troubleshooting steps the device might need to be check out at our service department for a more hands-on approach. Please contact our support channels to get assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/ (UK)
Well i tried everything and it's still the same problem. I guess i have to visit the seller and ask for a refund or a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Bucket94,

Sorry to hear that it didn't help. Have you been in contact with our support team?
Well i did we have conversation right now. But i've tried non original app for camera, and those white dots disapeared. But i dont know if the non original app uses both lens for photos or just the main. I have suspicion that one of the lens could be defective. Well find out and i will send you a feedback. Thank for your time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Bucket94,

Please let us know how you go no. Maybe try a different camera mode?
So, i've changed my phone for a new one, and it has the same problem. I also tried another p30 lite in the shop and its the same. So its the software problem i guess. theres no chance that 3 different phones could have defective lens. Can you or me somehow send message to development team about this problem?
And yes, i've tried all of the camera mods, and all of them have the same problem if they use shutter speed longer than 1/6. And changing the camera mode really isn't the solution if the camera doesn't work properly. So the question is if you can do something about it... Because it looks that it is a problem of all P30 Lite phones.
Well i had some discussion on the Czech forum and another people have the same problem. So it's something bigger than just one defective piece. Can we do something about it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @Bucket 94,

Thank you for sharing this with us and sorry to see that other devices are having the same issue 😞.

I flagged this post for our support team and they will be able to share it with our developers.
Thank you very much.
Hello,

I googled this issue and I found this post. I too have this problem with my P30 Lite. I purchased this phone as a replacement for my Lumia 640.

Trying on my P30 Lite:
Pro Mode: ISO 50, 3200
Exposure 4s 20s 30s,
And all other settings.

I got the EXACT same star pattern. Not different or random as you may expect with increased ISO. The pattern is EXACTLY the same.

On my Lumia 640, ISO min is 64, and I do not get any starring 1/64000s to 4s.

I purchased my P30 Lite from three.co.uk in Hammersmith London, UK.

Edit: I have tested it on Night mode too, it has it there on 32s as well.

The attached image is face down on my desk.

Model: MAR-LX1A
Build#: 9.0.1.159(C431E6R2P3)
Kernel Ver: 4.9.111
Hey @Bucket 94,

Thank you for sharing this with us and sorry to see that other devices are having the same issue 😞.

I flagged this post for our support team and they will be able to share it with our developers.

I really do hope to have this issue resolved. If I had the money and the P30 Pro didn't have the issue I would upgrade to that.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you. We can escalate your matter to our development team, so we can solve it as soon as possible for you with a system update.
In order to make a request, can you please send me a private message with the serial number and current build number of your phone. You can find both of them in Settings > System > About phone. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
CharlieT. 💡😉
Guess my friend had a same problem, Huawei has better customer support it seems. Good to see a conversation tending to help others
some new info about the solution?
I'm also experiencing this issue, any updates regarding a possible solution/fix?

Just update my p30 lite to 9.1.0.215, buy the problem still remains...no words !!!
@Amy @CharlieT
Could you please give us an update on this issue?
I just updated to 9.1 EMUI and I tested 30s Exposure 50 ISO, and its black as black can be. I see no starring on the image.

On auto ISO there is some staring artifacts. Whatever you did, thank you. xx.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write these suggestions regarding the camera settings after the update.

Your requests have been passed on to the development team and we can assure you that they will be taken into account for future updates & development.

However, I can see that @SarahWild managed to shoot some normal photos with her device.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please send me a private message with your serial number, inserting the #camerasettings on the top of the message.

Thank you for your feedback!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
I took a picture here on desk camera down with black cloth over the phone to stop seeping of light, 48mp, 30s Exposure, ISO Auto (2500). You can see a few staring artifacts but they are countable now. If you invert the image colour you will be able to see them easier, however this is original image file. I do applaud you for working to fix this for us. ♥️