Top feature requests for P30 /P30 Pro updates

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hello all,

The P30 series phones are out for a month now and we have all discovered the great features of the phones, but also found some gaps in the experience. I suggest we nominate our top 3 requests with a brief description of the benefit (fix, new feature, enhancement, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! 🙂 Hopefully we can inspire the developers to give us some of what we are looking for.

48 replies

Userlevel 2
Stock launcher would be so much better and more people would use if there were an option to disable "HiSearch" (highly doubt anyone using it anyways) which pops up when you swipe down on home screen, and let us choose to bring down notification panel instead. Same goes for swiping up for app drawer. I always used Nova launcher with my previous phones, but with P30 there are some bugs when you using any 3rd party launcher, that's why I'm sticking to stock instead.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
My requests are:
  1. Be able to zoom from 40MP camera to wide angle seamlessly
  2. Ability to have different volume and sounds for system sounds and notifications
  3. More gesture controls - i.e. allow activation of torch or camera
I'm sure some others will come to mind in 5 mins 🙂
Definitely need different volume and sounds for system sounds and notifications, especially camera volume is so dependent
Userlevel 1
add a hardware patch to reduce pulse-width modulation. My eyes are crossing after 5 minutes of low brightness content watching
Userlevel 1
Enhance Bluetooth Earphones Volume - Maximum is really low (problem of device, not earphones - checked/compared same earphones with Iphone 6s).

Repair Colours on Main Camera - orange is too red, yellow is... Comparing with wideangle or zoom colours are not realistic , looks like great downside of RYYB sensor, is software solution feaseble?
Userlevel 1
Fix janky transition animations. Very annoying when rotating playing videos. Smoother on an old galaxy s7
Userlevel 3
iPhone:
In the lock screen, I receive Whatsapp notifications with showing the sender name but hiding the message content (see the left screen below). I have to unlock the screen to see the content (see right screen below).

I suggest to add this feature in EMUI
Userlevel 2
I would like to see:
  1. Implementation of Camera2api at level_3 or at least full!
  2. Allow for landscape format highlight clips in the vLog feature!
I know you can do it huawei! Unlock those camera features for every developer to work with!
Userlevel 1
@IliasK88S THIS. With Vlog I'm guessing you're referring to Filmic Pro? I was so gutted when I realised none of the features really work.
I have a thread about camera 2 implementation, if you haven't already weighed in!
Userlevel 2
@IliasK88S THIS. With Vlog I'm guessing you're referring to Filmic Pro? I was so gutted when I realised none of the features really work.
I have a thread about camera 2 implementation, if you haven't already weighed in!

Actually im refering to Filmic Pro regarding the Camera 2 api if these are supported on level_3 it will not be a problem for the Filmic Developers to impletment the log recording feature.

With vLog im actually talking about huaweis feature for the automated AI highlight clips. For whatever reason (intagram?) they decided for a square format...
Userlevel 1

Actually im refering to Filmic Pro regarding the Camera 2 api if these are supported on level_3 it will not be a problem for the Filmic Developers to impletment the log recording feature.

With vLog im actually talking about huaweis feature for the automated AI highlight clips. For whatever reason (intagram?) they decided for a square format...

Gotcha. Yeah I'm rooting so bad for filmic pro too. One thought I had was why Huawei haven't just made the video in pro mode better. They could smash filmic out of the water if they gave us log, shutter and iso control. It would be awesome, I was quite shocked it didn't have this feature as the device was being marketed as 'a revolutionary videography experience'
Userlevel 2
I think huawei might see that there is a need for advanced video recording. As far as I know LG V30 supports log recording with the stock app out of the box. And I think Sonys new flagships will also have a feature like this. I still hope that huawei will share the driver information with the Filmic Team or enable Camera2 api to level_3 of course they could also implement it in their own camera app...
I'm missing:
- implementation of Camera2api at level_3 or at least full
- notifications like Samsung Edge lighting
- night mode in a selfie camera
Userlevel 1
Still really really need this. I really miss it.

I really nead one more gesture control, like Alt+Tab on Windows or iOS to switch between 2 apps.
I have quite a bit of complaints, coming from iOS to the huawei p30 pro...
I hope these can be discussed and validated and hopefully fixed in the future, although im not holding my breath for these to be fixed.

1. Notifications disappear from lock screen after unlocking, even if the notifications are not dealt with. There is no option to change this weird behavior.
  2. "Ok google" is'nt working.
  3. Google assistant doesnt work with the home button on lock screen, but is working through bluetooth while locked. What kind of weird design choice is that?
  4. Using a custom launcher breaks most animations, and makes multitasking (the recent app menu) quite buggy, a lot of times.
  5. Now advertisements on the lock screen because the magazine unlock "feature" downloads ads for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @borgqueenx,

Welcome on the Huawei community. Sorry to see that you are having issues with your brand new device! I moved your topic to this thread about P30 Pro feature requests. And please take a look at this thread about the ads on the lock screen.
Hi @borgqueenx,

Welcome on the Huawei community. Sorry to see that you are having issues with your brand new device! I moved your topic to this thread about P30 Pro feature requests. And please take a look at this thread about the ads on the lock screen.

Hey Amy, most my points made are not feature suggestions but bugs that need to be solved. Could you move my post back or move it to a topic about huawei/EMUI bugs? Thanks.
I really nead one more gesture control, like Alt+Tab on Windows or iOS to switch between 2 apps.
Like on ios swipe on the bottom to switch apps. Yeah that would be nice.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi everybody!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

We'll share them with our developers. Hopefully these can be added/fixed in the future!

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you have more questions/observations!

Cheers,
Jack
Please fix the slow scroll issue with certain apps, like instagram, Google feed, twitter... It's really slow compared to an Oneplus device. It's make the phone feel slower and dated...
I 1) Allow zoom using the volume buttons.
This allows for much smoother zooming during video shooting and is a really useful feature on Samsung Galaxy series phones

2) allow unlocking with a swipe pattern. Much more versatile than the long digit code or th unreliable fingerprint (also unable to use when wearing gloves)

3) the stabilisation when panning around is also very heavy handed. Makes a video look very artificial. As a result I only try to move my camera very very slowly around.

Most people get the P30 for the camera so it would be great if this would get fixed!
The main irritation for me is the charging noise - it's waking my wife up at night (she's a *very* light sleeper) and there appears to be no way to disable it. I've got a visual notification, so I don't need an unwanted noise as well - it's a standard android option to enable/disable it, so that should be implemented so that my wife doesn't yell at me, or (worse) throw the phone across the room...

otherwise, to be fair, it's minor things - independent system/notification sound volumes would be very handy, and it's a struggle to capture slow-mo videos as there's a time limit and it's a struggle to capture what i'm after in the time frame allotted. could that be extended or even better just left to run open-ended like a normal video?
1) HDR should be part of any shooting mode and not a separate mode
2) HDR should be available at 40MP
3) the camera should change the resolution automatically to the sensor native one when the lens switches.

The 3 things are making the camera experience miserable to me and camera is the reason why I bought this phone.

P.S.: please get rid of the aperture mode, is a useless gimmick IMHO
I find quite disappointing that there is no 16:9 ratio option in the official camera app. Photos look less gorgeous on my PC monitor or TV screen. I hope that it will be implemented in the next updates.