Answered

Huawei P20 Pro raw files in monochrome

So, am I able to set monochrome mode so I can take raw files? I have gone to camera-more-monochrome-pro then hit settings button and selected resolution, under the list of resolution settings there is a raw tab but what ever I set it to I can not select raw file tab.... Help... I'll try add a picture of the page...

icon

Best answer by Max 30 January 2019, 20:43

Hi @LeeJBaker,

Thank you for attaching the screenshot as reference!

You can enable the RAW format when in Pro Mode on your camera (as precised in the screenshot).
You can enter Pro Mode by swiping the left side of your device screen and tapping on "Pro Photo".

The option is available to let you know that yes indeed it is possible to take a RAW photo format but only when enabling the "Pro Photo" mode.
Also, we will take your feedback into consideration and forward it to our development department.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

View original

3 replies

So, I contacted Huawei help email and it turns out not, it confuses me why the slide option is there if it is not available, unless it is something that could be looked at in a future update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @LeeJBaker,

Thank you for attaching the screenshot as reference!

You can enable the RAW format when in Pro Mode on your camera (as precised in the screenshot).
You can enter Pro Mode by swiping the left side of your device screen and tapping on "Pro Photo".

The option is available to let you know that yes indeed it is possible to take a RAW photo format but only when enabling the "Pro Photo" mode.
Also, we will take your feedback into consideration and forward it to our development department.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
It is frustrating that RAW isn't avalible in monochrome. Although it's available in the colour pro mode the readout doesn't come from the mono sensor.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings