P20 Pro 4D predictive focus is not working at al

Hi,

Somebody could you tell me please when the 4d predictive focus is gonna be fixed because is not working since the . 156 update and the night mode is also worst after those updates. I'm on . 161 firmware what I have got today but the camera still not fixed. I have CLT-L09C432 version phone. What I have noticed the camera is really bad after the. 152 firmware. People complaining about this issue on different forums accros Globe, like XDA forum and Huafan forum. It's very frustrating I have a flagship phone what I have bought because of the camera but now it is just as bad or worst than the other flagship manufacturers phones. I'm waiting patiently nearly 3 month, and I have got 4 updates but still not fixed the camera!
Check these photos carefully!

This is the firmware. 159!

And this the firmware. 152.
You can see clearly the difference between these photos. The lamp light on the new firmware made halo effect which is on the old one just fine. The photo much clear on the old one and not blurry just has more details!
So my question is when they going to fix the camera finally?

Thank you

Regards
Gabriel

11 replies

Nice shot!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Szunyog007,

If by chance you can PM me with the IMEI number and the Build number of the device i will do my best to assist you in this matter.

Best wishes,
Max
Hello, my device has the same problem, the 4d predictive focus does not work at all since a few months. The build number is CLT-L29 8.1.0.161 (C432). Can this be fixed in any way?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi @Sensuan,

Welcome on the community! Sorry to see that you are having the same issues. Please send your IMEI and Build number to Max in a PM. 🙂
Hi. I'm having this same problem. Updated the phone to firmware 161 and predictive focus has disappeared and won't reactivate. Has anyone been able to resolve this?
Easily to downgrade to fw . 128 or update fw via a Funky Huawei as I did. I have downgraded first where everything working fine and the picture quality was better. I have now the A9 from yesterday but haven't tried the camera yet.
Hello. I have this same problem too. When I updated to fw 161 predictive focus has disappeard. Can anyone help this problem?
Userlevel 2
Szunyog007 wrote:

Easily to downgrade to fw . 128 or update fw via a Funky Huawei as I did. I have downgraded first where everything working fine and the picture quality was better. I have now the A9 from yesterday but haven't tried the camera yet.

@Szunyog007 How did you downgrade, do you need to have the bootloader unlocked and rooted
feckineejit wrote:

Szunyog007 wrote:

@Szunyog007 How did you downgrade, do you need to have the bootloader unlocked and rooted

Not at all. No rooted, bootloader locked. You just need to flash a firmware via USB, dload method. But now you can upgrade to A9 with Firmware Finder. The 4d predictive focus is working now but in the night mode the camera is worst than the A8 . 128 firmware. Regarding daylight photography is OK, but in indoor is really poor. I did at least 300 photos in New Year in a party inside and I can say more than half of them is blurry. Hope this help.
I have the same issue. Is there any news? Photos blurry, selfies washed out. I am dissapointed with p20 pro phones camera. I still have my old nexus 5x and selfies and autofocus is better.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

In regards to the situation you are facing, we would recommend the following steps below:

1.Kindly reset the camera settings. This can be done by entering the Camera App, swipe from right to left, scroll to the bottom and tap on "Restore Defaults."
2.Please clear the camera app cache and data. This can be done by going to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart device.
3.Perform a wipe cache partition of your device via the recovery menu.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings