Question

P20 Pro Camera: image stability

Recently I've been having an issue with the P20 Pro camera. The problem being that when I zoom in to take a photo the image stability doesn't kick in. It takes a blurry photo, more so when I zoom in over 5x it wasn't always like this, whenever I would zoom in before it would always stabalize the photo and it would be really clear and sharp

Can anyone help also I have reset camera setting incase it was that and also reset my phone to make sure it wasn't anything I have touched

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Rossmorgan94,

If you can post a few pictures and a print screen of the camera when doing this I will do my best to assist you in this matter.

Best wishes and looking forward to your reply,
Max
Hello since the last update there doesn't seem to be an option anymore to turn on or off the image stabilisation in video mode?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @dta210,

Can you please PM me a screenshot of this as well?

In that way, I will be able to look further into this.

Best wishes,
Max
Hi, i know it may not be what you want to hear but I only have a suggestion. Have you tried, once locked on the thing your trying to take a picture of, just tapping the screen once on the image/thing your snapping? I know it sounds really obvious but I do have this same problem when trying to take marco pics and it seems to jist nudge the focus into shape. (I have mate AI turned on too, not sure if this helps or hinders) πŸ‘ good luck.
Mazza4321 wrote:

Hi, i know it may not be what you want to hear but I only have a suggestion. Have you tried, once locked on the thing your trying to take a picture of, just tapping the screen once on the image/thing your snapping? I know it sounds really obvious but I do have this same problem when trying to take marco pics and it seems to jist nudge the focus into shape. (I have matster AI turned on too, not sure if this helps or hinders) πŸ‘ good luck.

P. S. You can also choose screen record and show the process hapoening I believe you can send a vid link in these? #new_community_member, could be wrong ha
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Rossmorgan94, @dta210,

Have you tried @Mazza4321 suggestion?

Please keep us updated on the situation if possible!

And if you solved this, we would love to hear your feedback/suggestion on how you've done so!

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings