Answered

P20 Pro - camera Mirror Effect not working

The front facing camera has a mirror effect option in the settings. When I first got the camera around 7 months ago this worked fine, however now it doesn't work at all. Switching the mirror effect on or off makes no difference whatsoever.......

Anyone any ideas how to restore it's functionality please??

Cheers, Kev.
icon

Best answer by AlexL 5 February 2019, 19:51

M53494 wrote:

The front facing camera has a mirror effect option in the settings. When I first got the camera around 7 months ago this worked fine, however now it doesn't work at all. Switching the mirror effect on or off makes no difference whatsoever.......

Cheers, Kev.

Hi Kev, forgive me for going back to basics, but I should mention that the mirror reflection will only come into effect after the photo has been taken, and will not show in preview.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @M53494,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Please clear the cache and data partition of the camera app. This can be done from Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Force Stop > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your device.
2.Perform a wipe cache partition of the device from the recovery menu.

Additionally, you can also perform a factory reset from the recovery menu, just make sure to back up all of your data before doing this.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
No, that's made no difference at all. Still not switching between mirror effect or normal.

Anyone else able to shed any light on this. Software issue needing Huawei to modify??

Kev.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello Kev,

I am really sorry to hear that you are still faing the same issue.

Can you please PM me the serial number of your device and I will investigate this further for you?

You can find this info on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 2
Badge
M53494 wrote:

Cheers, Kev.

Hi Kev, forgive me for going back to basics, but I should mention that the mirror reflection will only come into effect after the photo has been taken, and will not show in preview.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings