Challenge #4: Get creative... shoot from a low angle, get high results

• 20 March 2019
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Be unusual and creative and take photos from a very low angle. How low? How about the bottom of your phone touching the ground. You can get some amazing shots.

Also, if you take these low angle shots right in front of water or puddles, you can get amazing results. These puddle shots are called Puddlegrams. If you search Instagram for #puddlegrams you will see many examples.

Be careful obviously, don't scratch the base of your phone. You may want to rest it on a piece of paper or card if you want or if your phone is in a case then you should be fine.

-------------------------------
Edit: 3 may 2019

Hi all, I changed this topic into our 4th bi-weekly challenge.

Share your low angle photos below for a chance to win a surprise prize! 😀

Don't forget to read our terms and conditions and keep an eye on this topic for all challenges

Good luck!

-------------------------------

Here are a few examples of puddlegrams. All photos were taken with my phone physically touching the ground. You get stability this way too!

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
And here are a couple of examples but without puddles involved. Again the base of my phone touches the ground.

Userlevel 2

South Wales Valleys, UK. Beautiful place.
Userlevel 3
I recently got the Huawei P30PRO . This is a random unedited picture I took while walking with a friend in the woods.

Heres some of the first pictures I took during a weekend away . I only selected ones from a low angle

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Taken on my old P9 while in Spain.

No filter just Leica magic.

And early shot with my mate 20 pro.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
And the winners are...

@carguy143
@Rick F
@Matthew8evan

Please send me a private message to accept the prize.

Stay tuned for the next challenge. Keep an eye on this thread! 👈🏼
Userlevel 4
Badge
So tonight I decided to take my Mate 20 pro along with my dogs for their nightly walk. Here's some pictures of Skelmersdale, from the ground up.

First off, Wilbur here has seen something about 50 miles away. As an ex racer, he has high prey drive and is always on the prowl.

The light from below really does well to highlight the trees on this. This is one of many bridges and subways that connect the various areas to the town centre. You can walk for miles and never have to walk alongside or physically step foot in a road.

Mindless graffiti or something for the kids to do? This was actually the work of the local arts centre whose aim is to keep kids out of trouble.

I chose to snap this in black and white as it's one of the original "new" buildings from when Skelmersdale was given new town status in the 60s. This is a walkway by the side of the Concourse shopping centre, known locally as "The Conny".

One thing I love about this town is how green and spacious it is. This photo was taken literally a 30 second walk from the town centre. They simply don't build like this anymore and it's such a shame.

Finally, I leave you with an image of what ex racing greyhounds do best: chill out on anything soft!

Thanks for viewing and reading. I enjoyed taking these so thanks for the inspiration, all.
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 4
Badge
Today I rescued this little guy and gave him some sugary water as a little energy boost before placing him on a flower. Below are just the close ups from the ground using my Mate 20 Pro's macro mode.

Userlevel 2

Some low angle pictures on my P20 pro, still totally capable of fantastic pics. These were taken at Castle bank park which has a fairy dell with creatures of wood carvings as you can see!. Fancied doing something a little different. The strange looks I got when I was lying on the ground taking them was priceless 😛🙈🤣
Userlevel 3

An unexpected visitor in a rainy night. Rain drops splashing near the hedgehog.... Shot with P20 Pro.
Userlevel 2
My doggo

Userlevel 6
Badge
Was really pleased with this low angle photo taken in Malaga

Userlevel 2
I saw this dead bee on the ground , kind of sad but I thought it would be dramatic and of course the Huawei p20 always surprises me with its macro capabilities 😀

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 2
Thought I'd go for something a bit more colourful with spring bursting out everywhere 😀

Userlevel 3

Used the night mode on my p30 to shoot this low angle🌳
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Great photo's @Tboy2000, thanks! 📷😎👍
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
These ultra low angle shots are great! They make the photos much more interesting. I would advise everyone to really shoot low, like the 'bottom of the phone touching the ground' low. 😜
Userlevel 3
From the lowest point of the waterfall just before hit the water :)

Userlevel 3
Tried editing my original reply to include a new picture I took today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Congrats to all winners! Great job! 🙂

Don't forget to join our new challenge: Best Bokeh!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I added my photos here earlier but for some reason did not show up.

These are the low angle I managed to take. Quite a challenge!
Userlevel 3
Scaremongering. No spikes lanced at me. The hedgehog curled itself into a ball when I touched it with foot. Slowly it poked its head out and was on its feet. I placed a torchlight on the terrasse and shot a few photos on the ground level. Then the little thing ventured over the threshold out of curiosity before heading back into the rain. Very cute guy.