Deep in detail: photos using 5x hybrid zoom

• 10 August 2018
  • 4 replies
Deep in detail: photos using 5x hybrid zoom
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 2391 replies
Want to take a close-up snapshot? Want to catch some more details of a far-away target? And you just remembered how bad the pictures with your old smartphone looked every time your zoomed in…

This just won’t happen with your P20 Pro using the 5X hybrid zoom that will allow you to catch as much detail as you want. The Huawei P20 Pro's 5X Hybrid zoom makes sure that you can capture more detail from a distance, without compromising the quality.

This technology is a digital-based technology
It's uses dual camera's in a more intelligent way, utilizing powerful software to mix data from two camera's at different focal lengths in order to retain and or rebuild more detail when zooming in. It's not optical zoom, and the results aren't quite as good, but it is more powerful than basic digital zoom for preserving fine details at a distance!

How to use the hybrid zoom
Just open the camera, choose your target and, before you shot, tap on the zoom icon to jump a few steps ahead. With the combination of the 3x optical zoom and 2x digital zoom, you will obtain great close-ups without compromising the quality of your shot. You will love this unique feature!

Share your tips and tricks
Are you using this feature? I'd love to see your photos and read your stories on using this hybrid zoom! Share below. :)

4 replies

Userlevel 4
I'm loving this competition (two of my photos made it into the top 25 during week one) - it's just a shame that the Messenger app sometimes takes a while to judge photos and gets "stuck" as I've been waiting over 48 hours since I uploaded my last shot, and further interaction gives me the "Steady on speedy!" message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @Duncan,

Welcome at the Huawei Community! Congrats on getting your photos in the top 25!🎉

It's a pity that the messenger app gets stuck. Could you send me your name, exactly as it appears on Facebook, in a DM? That way the Facebook mods can find you and get your photo's released.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Silvanka30 Tell us the story of the photos you have shared here! And good luck with your mission to convert your husband;)
Userlevel 4
Hey @Silvanka30 Tell us the story of the photos you have shared here! And good luck with your mission to convert your husband;)
Grandma's garden inspiration 😊 One of the reasons I went with Huawei phone was to have a decent camera with me at all times. I was always stuck with my DSLR but found it too much for just a day out. I take pictures of everything that catches my eye and found that Mate 10 Pro is amazing with landscapes and close ups. I have now upgraded to P20 Pro to get better quality in low lights. I also use apps like Snapseed and Aviary to edit my pictures 😊