Share your 3D Live Maker creations

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Huawei Wonder
  • 290 replies
I'd quite like to see what the rest of the community are coming up with when using the new 3D Live Maker app for the Mate20 Pro.

Here are some tips:

* Use adequate lighting conditions. The app will work better in daylight or strong artifical light, if your room is dull it will have trouble recognising what you are trying to scan.

* Scan the object against a white background. This will help the app distinguish what it is you are trying to scan, so use a white table if possible. What worked for me was simply placing a large white bathroom towel over my dining room table and then placing objects to scan on that.

* Pick an object that doesn't clash with the background. Out of curiosity I tried to scan a snowman teddy and it failed miserably given that it was mostly white against a white background. Try picking something with vibrant colours.

* Lay down whatever it is you're scanning and allow the app to detect it by raising the camera away from it. Once it's detected you can move the actual object rather than move the phone, which is awkward to do while keeping the subject in the shot.

Upload your creations to YouTube and post a link for us to see 😊

https://youtu.be/Po-mtcCxy7U

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
My first successful attempt
https://youtu.be/JZxebwbXvJo

Userlevel 4
Had a go at this last night but was not that happy with the results lol, I'll try again later.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Another little tip.
If the toy is floppy at all it doesn't work very well.
Userlevel 4
Jase wrote:

Another little tip.

That must of been my problem then, mine was a floppy bear, it did work but some of the bear was missing, thanks for the tip.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
RizqElder wrote:

Jase wrote:

Another little tip.

That must of been my problem then, mine was a floppy bear, it did work but some of the bear was missing, thanks for the tip.

Your welcome
Userlevel 4
Well here's my attempt took about fifty thousand tries lol. They should add Floss dance 😊
Tigger 3D

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
That's come out really well @RizqElder 👍
Userlevel 4
Tony wrote:

That's come out really well @RizqElder 👍

@Tony Thanks..... bit tricky to start with but got the hang of it in the end, just couldn't get all of his tail and lost a bit of his ear.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings