Share your Monochrome and Black & White photos

Userlevel 4
Only when I got my first Huawei phone I started to experiment with B&W mode on a phone camera. I found it exceptional. I stared to use it for portraits first to create a smooth finish and atmosphere.

Then moved to landscapes to highlight architecture and create a moody effect. Here are some examples of my experiments. Most taken in Somerset, UK.

Also "Impact" filter on your normal camera setting is great for taking pictures of architecture. Scared to use it whilst taking a photo? Try it after whilst editing ;-)

Share your black and white photographs below.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi

What app do you use to edit your photos? The Tower photo looks amazing.
Userlevel 4
Hi

What app do you use to edit your photos? The Tower photo looks amazing.

Hi I've used Snapseed for landscapes. Also use Aviary for portraits 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Sivanka,

Really great photos, thanks for sharing! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hello guys just sharing my mono setting on my p20 pro..would you mind to share yours too😁 this was taken inside the 18th century prison in Lincoln castle

Coffee time, first portrait with my new Huawei P20 pro.

Userlevel 4
I love the mono setting on the Huawei range - it'll be interesting to see how Mate 20 Pro shots compare, with the mono lens being dropped for the new wide-angle version.

One of the first shots I took on my P9 back in the day remains one of my favourite snaps of my cat Mavis.

Userlevel 4
...having said that, the image on the P20 Pro is considerably sharper.

Userlevel 4
Hello guys just sharing my mono setting on my p20 pro..would you mind to share yours too😁 this was taken inside the 18th century prison in Lincoln castle

Hey, these are great photos. If you don't mind me giving a little critique, they would be significantly more impactful if the horizontal lines in the image were level. You can do this easily by selecting edit on the image, then rotate. Use the handy grid to line up the lines and then hit save.

It'll take your photography from a 9, to a 10 🙂
Userlevel 4
I absolutely love using the dedicated monochrome camera on my P20 Pro!

It can be so good for really setting a mood.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Userlevel 5
Badge
Ok ok I know it's not fully monochrome but .....
We will remember them...

Just a picture I took when in Cambridge city center

Userlevel 4
A Few Of My Black n White Shots I've taken.

Userlevel 2
Im a huge fan of this setting on the camera!. Well done Huawei 😃 this is a couple of pictures I've taken of my gorgeous grandson 💙

This is a bridge called Plunkett Bridge that spans the River Suir in Waterford, ROI. Night shot with a little filtering but not too much.

Canna flower detail