Answered

Use Google Photos as default camera galley

• 14 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Fearless Explorer
  • 9 replies
So when taking a photo with this superb camera if I then preview the photo it uses the inbuilt gallery. I would like it to use Google photos as the default gallery. I have set Google photos to be the default gallery app but the camera app always defaults to the Huawei app. Is it possible?

Regards TJay
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 14 January 2019, 15:52

Hi @tjay

I have the same set up as you (Google Photos default). However, as you say, previewing from the Camera app is only possible with Huawei Gallery. You would have to exit Camera and open Google Photos to view/ edit there.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @tjay

I have the same set up as you (Google Photos default). However, as you say, previewing from the Camera app is only possible with Huawei Gallery. You would have to exit Camera and open Google Photos to view/ edit there.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Unfortunately you can't do this with the built in camera app, you can with a third party camera app but none of them work properly, half the features don't work and you can't even access all three cameras so it's pointless. I'm afraid if you want to edit etc via Google photos you just need to open that after taking the pics.

Regsrds Jase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
hello T Jay,

When opening a photo, you would be prompted to select which app will open it. At that point, you can select Google Photos and the "Always" option. In that way, all the pictures will be opening with google photos only.

Alternatively, you can simply disable the Gallery app and it will only open the pictures with Google Photos then.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
hello T Jay,

When opening a photo, you would be prompted to select which app will open it. At that point, you can select Google Photos and the "Always" option. In that way, all the pictures will be opening with google photos only.

Alternatively, you can simply disable the Gallery app and it will only open the pictures with Google Photos then.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Max

Not when your within the camera app Max, which is what the guy was asking about I think.
Also the Gallery app is a system app that can't be disabled as far as I'm aware.

Regards Jase
Userlevel 1
hello T Jay,

As I know, the set up of default gallery is only set for opening photos from files or internet and contact avatar in contact app, it cannot effect the gallery entrance in the camera.

best wishes,
Lizzy
Userlevel 2
Thank you for all your replies... I will just take a photo then open in Google photos 🙂