Windmill photo shoot with the Huawei P20 Pro in Greece

• 26 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4

In August me and my wife returned to the Greek Ionian Island of Zakynthos (Zante) for the 9th time. This time we were lucky enough to be able to stay for a night in a stone windmill which was used to make flour but has now been turned into comfortable, unique holiday accommodation. which sits on the cliff top above the Blue Caves in the very north tip of the island.

It's one of our favourite locations on Zakynthos island with 2 windmills a cafe and amazing views over the Ionian sea.

I had only had my Huawei P20 Pro for a couple of weeks and took the opportunity to really test the smartphones Leica triple cameras for outdoor, indoor and low light photography.

For the interior photos of the stone windmill I used the P20 Pro's Night Mode handheld. It was quite dark inside so I was really happy with the Huawei P20 Pro's cameras results.

For the night time outside photos I again used the Night Mode but this time I mounted the P20 Pro on a tripod using a Shoulderpod smartphone rig.

I am really delighted with how the photos turned out and very little editing in Lightroom CC was needed.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Just got back from this island myself, only my second time there, great place with plenty of photo opportunities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Great photos, love the lighting. I need to stop heavily editing my photos in snapseed and let the natural colours shine like in your pbotos.
Userlevel 4
Just got back from this island myself, only my second time there, great place with plenty of photo opportunities.

Yes lots of amazing places to photograph in Zante. It was our 9th holiday there and we still found places to visit which we hadn't seen before.
Userlevel 4
Great photos, love the lighting. I need to stop heavily editing my photos in snapseed and let the natural colours shine like in your pbotos.

I used to over do it with Snapseed a lot. at the time i really enjoyed doing it and liked the look of the edited photos.
But since i have had my Huawei phones the P9 and now P20 Pro i love how the photos look straight from the phone and only do a little editing it it's needed. And i now use the Adobe Lightroom app.