1.2 By registering an account for the Platform, You agree to the Terms. Your use of the Platform and the functionalities provided to You within the scope of the Platform shall only be admissible subject to Your prior acceptance of the Terms.
2. Registration and Login Credentials
2.1 Use of certain parts of the Platform requires Your prior registration. Subject to Your registration being successful, You become a member (a “Member”) of the Platform.
2.2 Minors may only register with the guidance and supervision of a guardian. If a minor registers without notifying a guardian or without the supervision of a guardian, Huawei assumes no responsibility for any risks and liabilities resulting thereby.
2.3 Within the registration process, Huawei may require You to provide personal details such as real name, e-mail address etc. By providing such personal details, You represent that such personal details are accurate and complete. You undertake to inform Huawei via this form or correct them online without undue delay should personal details or parts thereof turn out to be inaccurate or incomplete.
2.4 If a nickname or handle chosen by You is found to contain an inappropriate name, Huawei reserves the right to cancel the Membership with immediate effect or change the nickname or handle to an appropriate name.
2.5 Huawei reserves the right to determine whether You are admitted as a Member within Huawei’s sole discretion. Huawei may decide to cancel or revoke Your Membership at any time. Should You be admitted as a Member within an automated registration process, such admission shall be considered preliminary and shall be subject to Huawei’s express written confirmation.
2.6 You undertake to keep secret and protect Your login credentials. Under no circumstances are You permitted to provide access to Your login credentials to third parties, including, but not limited to, family members, friends etc. In the event that You cause losses for Huawei or third parties by failing to keep Your account and password secure, You shall compensate Huawei or third parties for such losses and eliminate the effects caused thereby subject to the statutory liability.
2.7 In the event You discover the account has been used without authorization or discover any other abnormal activities, You shall immediately change the account password and keep it safe, and contact Huawei via the following email address email@example.com. Huawei does not assume any liability for illegal use of the account resulting from hacking or Your negligence.
2.8 Upon receipt of notification of Your request for Huawei to take steps to suspend Your account login and use of the account due to abnormal activity, Huawei reserves the right to request You to provide valid identification and verify that it matches the registered identification information. Huawei shall take immediate steps to suspend Your account login and use of the account once the identification information provided has been verified against the registered identification information. Huawei reserves the right to refuse Your aforementioned request if You do not provide valid identification or the valid identification information provided does not match the registered identification information.
3. Huawei’s Platform Services
3.1 Provided You have been admitted as a Member, Huawei undertakes to provide You access to the Platform and to allow You to use the Platform functionalities, such as the posting of contributions (the “Contributions”), free of charge.
3.2 Huawei makes an effort to maintain the Platform available 95 % of the time, calculated on the basis a contract year. However, Huawei may shut down or restrict the Platform to perform maintenance work, including emergency maintenance, at any time, and at Huawei’s sole discretion. You may neither expect, nor rely on, the Platform being available at a specific time.
3.3 The Platform may consist of content that is provided by other users. Huawei does not monitor or edit Your Contributions or those of others prior to their publication. Huawei makes no representations as to the accuracy, validity, completeness, up-to-date-ness, or fitness for a particular use of the Platform’s content.
3.4 Huawei may, at their sole discretion, modify, block or delete functionalities of the Platform temporarily or entirely.
3.5 Where You have reason to believe that content within the Platform is violating applicable laws or otherwise inappropriate, please use the provided Platform functionality to report such content or contact us via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Except where agreed otherwise, Huawei provides its Platform Services free of charge.
4. Your Obligations
4.1 You undertake to abide, at all times, by the Terms and all applicable laws.
4.2 You are responsible for entertaining, at Your own expense, an adequate internet connection which is a requirement to use the Platform.
4.3 You undertake not to post material or make Contributions that are to be considered inappropriate. In particular, none of Your Contributions may contain
- reproduction or endorsement of violence, racism, discrimination
- material violating applicable laws and/or rights of others (e. g. trademarks, copyright, unfair competition laws etc.)
- advertisement for other products than Huawei’s
4.4 Huawei may at all times, subject to Huawei’s sole discretion, block, delete or modify such Contributions that are in violation of Your above obligations, block or delete Your Membership, and/or cancel the Contract entirely.
4.5 You undertake to indemnify Huawei from any losses and detriments (including appropriate attorney’s fees) Huawei may suffer in view of Your violation of Your above obligations.
5. Rights of Use
5.1 By uploading, posting or otherwise providing Huawei with Your Contributions to the Platform, You herewith grant to Huawei a non-exclusive, permanent right to use the Contributions in any way that is necessary or useful to present Your Contributions within the Platform or any other of Huawei’s publications, including, but not limited to, other websites, advertising materials, videos, pictures etc.
5.2 Mandatory copyright law provisions remain unaffected.
6.1 Huawei shall only be liable to You for its own intentional acts. Any other liability, in particular liability for negligence or for the intentional acts of its vicarious agents, shall be excluded.
7. Term and Termination
7.1 The Contract is concluded for an indefinite period of time.
7.2 Both parties may terminate the Contract with a week’s notice.
7.3 Both parties’ right to terminate for cause (e. g. pursuant to sec. 4.3) shall remain unaffected. Huawei shall in particular be entitled to a termination for cause if the Platform is no longer provided by Huawei.
7.4 Huawei reserves the right to suspend Your account in the event the account remains unused for any period of twelve (12) consecutive months.
8.1 This agreement and the Parties’ relations with regard to the use of the Platform shall be exclusively governed by German material law, excluding the rules on the international sales of goods (CISG). However, nothing in these Terms shall deprive You of the protection afforded to You by provisions that cannot be derogated from by agreement by virtue of the law where You have Your habitual residence.
8.2 No oral agreements have been entered into.
8.3 Individual changes or amendments to these Terms must be made in writing (e-mail is not sufficient in this respect). The same applies for a modification of this written form requirement. However, Huawei may, from time to time, issue new versions of these Terms. A new version becomes valid and shall replace the previous version provided that You do not object to such new version within 3 months after having been provided a new version, and provided that Huawei has notified You of Your right to object within 2 months together with the provision of a new version. Huawei’s notification shall contain an express instruction that the user’s failure to object the new version shall be deemed as his/her agreement with the new version becoming binding. Should user object the new version, the Contract shall automatically terminate with immediate effect, and user must immediately refrain from further using the Platform.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Analytical cookies Google Analytics: Huawei collects information about how you visit our websites and other applications, either for a unique visit (a unique cookie session is used) or for repetitive visits (a permanent cookie is used). For more information about Google Analytics cookies, go to:this page.
- Social network cookies: Social networks cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as “Like” and “Share” buttons. This third party provides these services in return for information of your visit on our websites.
You can manage or delete cookies at your own preference. You can change your cookie settings by deleting them via the internet options of your browser and visiting the community again. You will then be asked to choose your settings again. There are 3 settings: Basic, Normal and Complete..
- Basic: Functional
- Normal: Functional + analytics
- Complete: Functional + analytics + social media + embedded videos
You can withdraw your cookie consent at any time. In order to do so, please refer to the instructions below:
- Advertising cookies: You can opt-out by visiting and changing ads settings under following links for: Google ads and Facebook ads
- Google Analytics: You can avoid the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our website by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link .
- Social network cookies: If you wish to opt-out of social media cookies, you can click on the appropriate links to disable these cookies and therefore avoid any interaction with the social network concerned: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube.
Statement about Huawei community platform and Privacy
This Statement applies to personal data collected and processed through the Huawei online community platform.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specifics to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identify of such a natural person.
The Huawei community platform is a discussion forum and service platform operated by Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH, the data controller, (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "Huawei") that provides you with user login, product browsing service inquiry, advertisement, trade-in, user comment, user inquiry, logistics, and distribution services, as well as product information, usage tips, and EMUI resources for Huawei and other third-party products.
We understand the importance of your privacy, and pledge to take all appropriate security measures to protect it in accordance with the industry’s well-established safety standards.
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- For which purposes do we collect and process your personal data and what are the legal basis for the processing?
- How do we share your personal data?
- What are your rights regarding your personal data and how can you exercise them?
- How long are your personal data stored?
- How do we protect personal data of your children?
1. What personal data do we collect about you?
When you sign in as a User on the Huawei community platform, we collect the following pieces of information which are deemed personal data:
Email address, name and last name, user name, profile picture, smartphone model, age, gender, biography, city/country of residence, and other relevant information that you submit to us, including comments, questions and feedback, as well as your forum posts, comments, likes, shares, and votes. If you win a prize or free giveaway we may additionally collect your postal address in order to send you the prize/free give away.
You need to register your own account to be able to participate in the Huawei online platform community. The provision of username, email and password is mandatory for the purpose of the registration of your account. If you do not provide this data, we will not be able to register you as a community user. The provision of any further personal data is wholly optional.
2.For which purposes do we collect your personal data and what are the legal basis for the processing?
Huawei processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your activity as a User on the Platform's forums;
- To offer you to participate in interactive features of services, when you choose to do so and reward you with incentives inside and outside the platform taking into account your activity on the platform
- To provide you with customer support;
- To get in touch with you, as well as to send you important updates on Huawei's latest forum news.To provide you with personalised services on the platform.
- We process personal data related to your activity on the platform including your comments, questions and feedback, as well as your forum posts, likes, shares, and votes in order to offer you a personalized experience based on your preferences and send you communications intended to improve your experience on the platform. We will not send you direct marketing communications on the basis of this profiling.
- To perform statistics on the use of the platform quality
The following table provides you with the legal basis under which we process your personal data:
|Manage your registration as a User on the Platform
||Consent In order to register you as a member of the Platform you voluntarily provide registration and profile information.|
|Manage your activity as a User on the Platform's forums
||Legitimate interests. In order to provide Internet users with the requested platform service, to be able to use our platform and engage in discussions with other users.
|Offer you to participate in interactive features of services, when you choose to do so and rewarding you with incentives outside the platform taking into account your activity on the platform
||Legitimate interests In order to allow members to participate in interactive features of our platform, such as ranking, competitions, earning badges and receiving free gifts.
|Provide you with customer support
||Legitimate interests In order to reply to member queries and to moderate content.
|Get in touch with you, as well as to send you important updates on Huawei's latest forum news.
||Legitimate interests In order to allow Internet users to create an account, use our platform and engage in discussions with other users
|Perform statistics on the quality of the use of the platform
||Legitimate interests We use Google Analytics in order to gather statistics about how people use and interact with our platform, so that we are able to make adjustments and improvements.
3.How do we share your personal data?
Huawei share your data with the following recipients:
- Insided, the service provider acting as data processors which provide us with the platform and other services such as hosting services. (Amazon Web Services), community management and moderation agency (Bind), backup hosting (TransIP), hosting service for search capabilities (Algolia), Your data is processed by these providers, under strict instruction to solely render the services agreed upon. These data processors are strictly prohibited to use such data for their own purposes
- Fisher Moy International arranges delivery of prizes and free give aways for us
Your data is stored within the European Union. The transfer of your personal data to Google in the USA is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield. For further information about the EU-US Privacy Shield please see this link.
4.What are your rights regarding your personal data and how can you exercise them?
Pursuant to the European Union’s data protection laws, you have:
- a right of access: you can obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your personal data. You may ask to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
- a right of rectification: you can change the personal data you have submitted on your user profile (click on “edit profile” on your user profile) or ask the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you (“username”) as well as the completion of incomplete personal data;
- a right of erasure: you may ask us to erase your personal data under the conditions provided for in article 17 of the General regulation on the protection of personal data (no. 2016/679);
- a right to object to the processing: you may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- a right to restrict the processing: you may ask us to block the processing of your personal data under the conditions provided for in article 18 of the General regulation on the protection of personal data (no. 2016/679);
- a right to data portability: you may retrieve your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format under the conditions provided for in article 20 of the general regulation on the protection of personal data (no. 2016/679), and transmit those data to another data controller.
5.Accessing your personal information:
When you get in touch with us to exercise the rights discussed here, we will send you a timely answer within a period of one month at the most. If we reasonably believe that we cannot comply with your request, we will always let you know why in detail, and we will inform you about the options available to you in accordance with the applicable law if you do not agree with our decision.
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, have privacy issues, want to lodge a privacy complaint or want to raise a general data protection enquiry to our Data Protection Officer (DPO), please click our Data Subject Right Portal and select UK Community
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local the Data Protection Authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office , in Ireland, this is the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner. You can also lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer of North Rhine-Westphalia , where Huawei Technologies Deutschland GmbH has its headquarters.
6.How long are your personal data stored?
We keep your data stored for as long as you continue to be a registered platform user. If you decide to deregister at any time whatsoever, your data will be deleted within 30 days. The postal address will be deleted right after the prize delivery
7.How do we protect personal data of your children?
The Huawei community platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are aged under 13, you need your parents or your guardian to agree to your use of the Huawei community platform and agree to relevant terms thereof.
8.General and how to contact us?