Question

Audio Output: connect 2 devices with Bluetooth

Hi everyone,

I've just switched from Samsung to Huawei and I have just purchased some Bluetooth headphones and I want to have 2 devices connected, however, my Huawei phone keeps on pausing the content on my tablet as it keeps stealing the audio. Whereas on my Samsung, I was able to choose the audio output on the phone, whether Bluetooth headphones or phone to prevent the phone from stealing the audio, I believe this was called Samsung connect and toh controlled this in the notifications panel.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @macrocosm.nomad,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In order for me to advise you properly about the matter, could I please have the model of your device?

Looking forward to your answer! 😀
Max
macrocosm.nomad wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just switched from Samsung to Huawei and I have just purchased some Bluetooth headphones and I want to have 2 devices connected, however, my Huawei phone keeps on pausing the content on my tablet as it keeps stealing the audio. Whereas on my Samsung, I was able to choose the audio output on the phone, whether Bluetooth headphones or phone to prevent the phone from stealing the audio, I believe this was called Samsung connect and toh controlled this in the notifications panel.

Thanks in advance.

DaveHi @macrocosm.nomad,

In order for me to advise you properly about the matter, could I please have the model of your device?

Max

I have the same issue as Dave. Own a Huawei P20 64Gb (EML-L29) running EMUI 9.0.0.160 and recently switched from Samsung
I'm connected to 2 bluetooth speakers (and want to be) , want to select which one of the speakers which should get the music/audio ouput. How to steer this (similar as samsung's smart connect)?
Thanks!

Calle
Max wrote:

Hi @macrocosm.nomad,

Max

Hi Max,

I do apologise, I never saw the reply come.

I have the Huawei Mate 20 Pro running EMUI 9.0.0.153.

I would like to be able to have my Bluetooth headphones connected but be able to choose whether I want the audio to come through the phone or the headphones, without going into the Bluetooth settings and choosing to disconnect the media audio profile each time.

Regards,

Dave
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi carcu,

Unfortunately the P20 has a Bluetooth antenna of 4.2 and only a device with BT 5.0 can connect more then one speaker of peripheral at the same time.

@Dave i will forward your feedback to our dev team and perhaps in a future update this will be streamlined for more user convenience .

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings