EMUI 9.0 (Android Pie)

Show first post

188 replies

@Max

Found Huawei UK tweet regarding EMUI 9 update from 9 January 2019, regarding roll out commencement on 28 December 2018 for C782 UK variants of P20 Pro

Firstly:: what does Huawei UK mean exactly by the use of wording 'Eligible Devices' when referring to P20 Pro UK Channel (C782)??? This wording implies not all C782 handsets may receive EMUI 9. So I would like Huawei UK to fully clarify its position on P20 Pro C782 eligibility for CTL-09 devices. What C782 devices are not eligible?? This has a huge implication for consumers of those P20 Pro and other UK device variant devices.

Secondly:: we are now 2 days from the end of Huawei UK OTA deadline given to me by @Max, in fact C782 variants are well passed the original start date given of 18 December 2018 given by Huawei UK Head Office. The perverbal 'changing of the goal posts'. It appears from subscriber comments that Huawei are not going to meet 3-4 weeks OTA deadline, which Huawei UK set in their tweet, or @Max online chat with myself. In fact at Davros, Mr Liang Hua Huawei Chairman stressed that it would be up to British consumers to decide if they wanted to use the company's technology, before adding, that the "UK is the market that advocates openness and also free trade".

If UK market advocates openness, perhaps Huawei UK needs to reciprocate by cutting the 'Bullshine' and being open with its consumers regarding update eligibility and roll outs of security updates, which are a fundamental necessity with increases of global hacking.

After leaving the Military I worked for 30 years as a Communications consultant primarily in It Networks, mobile, and copper/fibre infrastructures, designing architecture, server commissioning, testing infrastructures, security, latency and load variances, automated load capacity, and risk planning (mirroring) to name but a few. I can not understand from a professional view point why Huawei UK does not process the bandwidth to roll out EMUI 9 to devices in a timely manner, unless it under-estimated its own P20 Pro success. One believes therefore network latency (time) load capacity, and their network bandwidth (transfer rate) are not up to the job. It is obvious bandwidth is not wide enough to sustain packet sizes in contiguous chunks (throughput) of sufficient Megabytes to implement Gigabyte OS updates to large volumes of devices at one time, and therefore roll-out becomes clogged/congested due to higher Latency (slower speed) and hence rather slow EMUI 9 rollout time frames. This could also be down to Huawei Network Management whom do not utilise the UK network infrastructure quiet hours (00:01 - 06:00) to utilise non-peak times to push more OTA updates. Perhaps lack of foresight is why there is a lack of Huawei UK empathy towards UK consumers, if the situation with Huawei UK network architecture is as good as its going to get, therefore perhaps consumers are better looking elsewhere for solutions in the future if premier Huawei devices are going to be left vulnerable.

@Max I await your reply to the question I posed regarding Eligible Devices.

Regards. David
Userlevel 4
Android 9.0 finally landed on my P20 Pro - EE network user - UK
P20 C782 update officially out now!

Userlevel 3
"P20 C782 update officially out now!"

Not for me it isn't.
And I am still waiting. P20 Pro CLT-L29.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all!

Sorry for the late reply.

Hopefully all of you have received the update you've been looking forward to and so far it meets all of your needs and expectations!
Please make sure to leave your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the software, interface and overall any aspect that you consider it will make the experience more enjoyable and smooth!

In regards to the few users that did not receive the Android 9 and EMUI 9 update yet, please be informed it might take a while to arrive due to the release of the updates in separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly.
Also, depending if your device is SIM Free (not SIM locked) or locked in a certain network (branded) plays an important role when receiving the update.

Tip: Make sure to connect your device to the computer/laptop via HiSuite to check that in regards to the latest downloadable update available.
Moreover, please check on a regular basis in regards to the update if it's available or not by going to Settings > System > Software Update.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Oh. You wrote it so nicely "it might take a while to arrive due to the release of the updates in separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly.
Also, depending if your device is SIM Free (not SIM locked) or locked in a certain network (branded) plays an important role when receiving the update." So how do You explain this? I am owner of TWO P20 Pro CLT-L29, Sim free, dual SIM and I was waiting for update till today. I am since ages with giffgaff and today I've decided to buy Pay as You go Vodafone Sim card to check, if that will help with update and it's did helped. I have inserted Voda Sim and BOOM!!! Without any Sim activation or top-up Update installed. I did it on my both devices. How is this possible? Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 3
deejayfire843 wrote:

today I've decided to buy Pay as You go Vodafone Sim card to check, if that will help with update and it's did helped. I have inserted Voda Sim and BOOM!!! Without any Sim activation or top-up Update installed. I did it on my both devices. How is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Lucky you, I'm with Vodafone and there's no sign of an update.
Try to buy and insert another one, for example O2 or Virgin. It's cost pennies and You don't have to activate or top-up. I've checked it. Let us know how it goes.
ghena777 wrote:

xfirf wrote:

ghena777 wrote:

d

xfirf wrote:

ghena777 wrote:

xfirf wrote:

How can we apply to the beta?

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
if you want apply,there is all the step's!

The P20Pro is not available there. :-(

don't worry the p20 series ia gonna receive android pie in october or november,now you can't apply for the betta cos maybe they have enough people who apply for this!

Actually they only looked for about 100 users in Germany. From my point of view this is no public beta. :-(

this is the phones model who get Pie first,new update is start this months,but does'n write wich date!;)

I haven't received android 9.0 on my mate 10 pro BLA-029.
Am from Bahrain!
Any idea or does anyone know when will I receive it?
Userlevel 3
So, its now February and still no EMUI 9 update. Anyone else still waiting.

AndrewD71 wrote:

So, its now February and still no EMUI 9 update. Anyone else still waiting.

Am waiting as well
P20 lite still waiting c782

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings