Question

Gallery Crashing since EMUI 9.0

Since EMUI updated to 9.0, Gallery crashes. When opened it is available for a second or so and then disappears. Is there a fix?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @DerekG,

Thank you for bringing this up! Regarding this inquiry, can you please try to clear the cache of the Gallery app?

You can do that from Settings > Apps & notifications > Gallery > Storage > Clear cache.

I trust this information will be of use in your case. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions or issues, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Max
I have been in contact with Huawei via the online chat and have tried the following:

Clearing the cache of the gallery app as you suggested above.
Clearing the partition cache as was suggested by the online chat help.

Neither worked.

I have now tried the next suggestion of the online chat which is to perform a backup, factory reset and restore of the phone. Needless to say this has taken some time and I still haven't got all apps working as they were before. However, more importantly, the gallery app is behaving exactly as it was before and displays thumbnails for about a second and then disappears. What do I try next?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
DerekG wrote:

I have been in contact with Huawei via the online chat and have tried the following:

Clearing the cache of the gallery app as you suggested above.
Clearing the partition cache as was suggested by the online chat help.

Neither worked.

I have now tried the next suggestion of the online chat which is to perform a backup, factory reset and restore of the phone. Needless to say this has taken some time and I still haven't got all apps working as they were before. However, more importantly, the gallery app is behaving exactly as it was before and displays thumbnails for about a second and then disappears. What do I try next?

Hi @DerekG

Just a thought. Are you using a third-party launcher (such as Nova)? Many of them don't play nice with EMUI 9.
I don't think so. I don't know what Nova is. I have simply updated the phone from new as updates arise. As far as I know it's a straight installation of EMUI 9 running various apps that I have installed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
HI @DerekG,

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting steps provided didn't help.

Would you be able to PM me with the Serial Number of your device so I can look further into this please?

Thank you!
Max
Dear Max,

For some unexplained reason Gallery has started working! I haven't installed anything or uninstalled anything. I haven't restarted my phone either. I checked this morning and it worked. It's a mystery.

Thanks for all your help.

Derek Green
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @DerekG,

That's good news regardless!

Very happy to hear that a quick restart of the phone fixed the issue! 😉

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings