Question

Google timeline doesn't work

On my P20pro Google timeline has stopped recording my journeys, I have all the location services activated and all location settings turned on high accuracy. I have also tried clearing the cache and reinstalling the app updates and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Orpheusk7, can this function be used before? how and when it become unuseful? update new version or any other operations?
Hello it was working ok when I got the phone at the beginning of November and it stopped working sometime in December it then worked for a couple of days near the end of December then stopped altogether.
Userlevel 3
Orpheusk7 wrote:

Hello it was working ok when I got the phone at the beginning of November and it stopped working sometime in December it then worked for a couple of days near the end of December then stopped altogether.

Hi Orpheusk7

I don't think this is an isolated incident, as I have seen this happen (and still was) on my old P10 Pro, and now I am getting the same If not worse issue on my Mate 20 Pro

@Amy is there anyway of escalating this (and mine/ all others) to the relevant team, as I have also raised this as a serious issue in a separate post.

Smeeghead
Hi Smeeghead
I agree I've seen so many people complaining about this it obviously is something that has happened in a software update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Sorry for the late response.

Could you kindly reset the Google App data of the device?

To do so, kindly go to Settings > Google > The three dots in the top right Corner > Clear App Data.

Let me know if this solved the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
My Google timeline started working about two weeks s ago not sure what I did but I did reset the app data amongst a few other things so perhaps that is what has fixed it.
Userlevel 3
I've reset the app data so I'm going to see just if it cures the issue

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings