Answered

High RAM utilization

Hello.
Since my upgrade to Android P on my Huawei P20 Pro i am observing very high ram utilization (up to 82%) after a full day use, which if affecting opening recent apps(recent apps restart instead of starting from where they were left). Clearing memory is not working. Overall phone performance is also affected.

Camera also fails to start once in a while, however this issue is always fixed after a restart.
icon

Best answer by Sohaibaleekhan 23 January 2019, 05:11

Hi Max,
Thanks for responding. After yesterday's patch update the issue seems to be resolved(the update was not related to RAM utilization though ). However, I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Thanks

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hey Sohaibaleekhan,

Welcome on the community! Sorry to see that you are having these issues. Please try to reset your phone. You can find a how to on this page.

Will you keep us updated?:)
Hi Amy,
Thanks for response. I tried network reset and settings reset. RAM utilization is still unusual, it actually goes up with time even if phone is idle and performance is not good. Factory reset can be Really hectic i can't do that just for hit and trial purpose . Is there any other way to find the actual root cause and resolve it other than factory reset.

Sohaib
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Sohaib,

Thank you for your reply! I will ask our support team to assist you in this thread. Please note that it might take a few days before they reply. If you need help right now, please contact our support team directly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Sohaib,

The only other way would be by going in manually to Apps - stopping each one and checking the status of the phone after each action.
It would be a rather time consuming process, but if you do this and find the app that causes the problem - a clear cache and data on it and a fresh install should remove the issues.

Hope you find this helpful,
Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,
Thanks for responding. After yesterday's patch update the issue seems to be resolved(the update was not related to RAM utilization though ). However, I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Sohaib,

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved! I hope you are enjoying the optimal usage of your device! 🙂

Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings