Huawei Watch GT (LiteOS)/Huawei Health Bugs and suggestions

Show first post

174 replies

Userlevel 1
Not sure if this has been mentioned but...

When previewing/selecting a watch face some (but not all) have Chinese characters displayed, eg for the Explorer face in the preview Calories, Steps, Heart Rate, the AM/PM indicator and the date all display in Chinese.

When the watch face is selected these all revert to English.
Hello everyone, i bought my Watch GT two weeks ago now and sadly I am only getting a 7 days battery life of it. Normal use, no gps. Does this happens to someone else?
Also it would be great that developers kindly add this functionalities:
1) Interval time (interval timer), excellent for hiit routines
2) Calendar
3) Flashlight quick access, in the "swipe down" menu where other shortcuts are
4) Ability to show gps data, like coordinates
5) In Huawei health app, be able to export gpx files (gps tracking data)
6) Be able to customize the functions that shows (and their order of appeareance) when you swipe left or right
7) A PC or Android watchface editor
😎 Be able to navigate on a recorded gps track (GPX), like the Xiaomi Stratos does

I hope the Huawei support and develope team have this and all the other users requests in mind for the next updates.
Userlevel 3
d2ultra wrote:

Hello everyone, i bought my Watch GT two weeks ago now and sadly I am only getting a 7 days battery life of it. Normal use, no gps. Does this happens to someone else?

Yes same here
Userlevel 1
Hi,

As I already had already talk in another thread, the airplane mode is missing a lot for me. I want to disable bluetooth during the night, because my phone is stopped and i don't want bluetooth waves all night long (please don't tell to me that bluetooth waves are not dangerous, perhaps you're right, perhaps not and I want to have the choice).

But I don't want to stopped my watch because i'm interested by Truesleep datas.

Thanks !
Olrik wrote:

Hi,

As I already had already talk in another thread, the airplane mode is missing a lot for me. I want to disable bluetooth during the night, because my phone is stopped and i don't want bluetooth waves all night long (please don't tell to me that bluetooth waves are not dangerous, perhaps you're right, perhaps not and I want to have the choice).

But I don't want to stopped my watch because i'm interested by Truesleep datas.

Thanks !

AND we need that for when we go in real airplane 😂
d2ultra wrote:

Indeed, it seems with the last firmware upgrade the battery drains fastest than before. When I bought the watch the battery drop 5-8% in a day. Now, after 3 day until last full charge, it's 50%
I received my Watch GT today and I'm really pleased with it so far. The always-on heart rate tracking has been amazing and I'm loving the look and feel of it. For what it offers, I think the Watch GT is superb - I'm just disappointed in what it lacks, and I hope that Huawei continue to build up the Lite OS.

As others have said, in its current state the Watch GT falls short of its true potential. There are a number of display and functionality issues that leave me disappointed while using it. The generic notification message template is a little disappointing; not being able to see the contents of an email is also frustrating. Primarily though, the lack of customisation options for the watch display is the biggest let down.

In terms of functionality, the Watch GT has no 3rd-party app integration, and this is also a fairly large let down. That being said, I am hopeful that Huawei are committed to supporting the Watch GT Lite OS well into the future and intend to expand these options.

I have found the 'Always On' screen setting is also a disappointing alternative to having no display at all. While I mirror the sentiment of others that more and customizable watch displays are an absolute necessity, I don't think that the watch displays that are available are all bad. They can be distracting, however, and I also don't particularly want to constantly be advertising my heart rate and the number of steps I've done. A happy medium would be to offer a 'screen saver' style dim display that just shows a digital 24 hour time on a black background, rather than having it completely off. I'm not sure how feasible that is to implement in future Lite OS updates, but it would certainly be a wonderful alternative.

A lack of music control is also a major downside in my opinion. I would rather have it at least as an option that I could disable in favour of a longer battery life, than not have it offered at all.

So, in order of personal importance, I would like to see the following in future Lite OS updates:
  1. Display & watch face customisation options
  2. Better app integration, with 3rd-party app possibilities
  3. Improvements to notification display
  4. Music control (as a part of better app integration, though for me this important on its own)
  5. Refined 'on'/'off' display options (see above).
I still really like the Watch GT and intend to continue wearing it in my day-to-day, and I'm very pleased to see that updates have already been made implementing refinements and new display options. I would however be very disappointed if the issues that are being raised in this thread remain unaddressed a year from now. Given the ever-progressing nature of modern technology, I can't see the Watch GT remaining competitive on its impressive battery life and heart-rate tracking alone without support from its developers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
JMac wrote:

I received my Watch GT today and I'm really pleased with it so far. The always-on heart rate tracking has been amazing and I'm loving the look and feel of it. For what it offers, I think the Watch GT is superb - I'm just disappointed in what it lacks, and I hope that Huawei continue to build up the Lite OS.

As others have said, in its current state the Watch GT falls short of its true potential. There are a number of display and functionality issues that leave me disappointed while using it. The generic notification message template is a little disappointing; not being able to see the contents of an email is also frustrating. Primarily though, the lack of customisation options for the watch display is the biggest let down.

In terms of functionality, the Watch GT has no 3rd-party app integration, and this is also a fairly large let down. That being said, I am hopeful that Huawei are committed to supporting the Watch GT Lite OS well into the future and intend to expand these options.

I have found the 'Always On' screen setting is also a disappointing alternative to having no display at all. While I mirror the sentiment of others that more and customizable watch displays are an absolute necessity, I don't think that the watch displays that are available are all bad. They can be distracting, however, and I also don't particularly want to constantly be advertising my heart rate and the number of steps I've done. A happy medium would be to offer a 'screen saver' style dim display that just shows a digital 24 hour time on a black background, rather than having it completely off. I'm not sure how feasible that is to implement in future Lite OS updates, but it would certainly be a wonderful alternative.

A lack of music control is also a major downside in my opinion. I would rather have it at least as an option that I could disable in favour of a longer battery life, than not have it offered at all.

So, in order of personal importance, I would like to see the following in future Lite OS updates:

1. Display & watch face customisation options
  2. Better app integration, with 3rd-party app possibilities
  3. Improvements to notification display
  4. Music control (as a part of better app integration, though for me this important on its own)
  5. Refined 'on'/'off' display options (see above).
I still really like the Watch GT and intend to continue wearing it in my day-to-day, and I'm very pleased to see that updates have already been made implementing refinements and new display options. I would however be very disappointed if the issues that are being raised in this thread remain unaddressed a year from now. Given the ever-progressing nature of modern technology, I can't see the Watch GT remaining competitive on its impressive battery life and heart-rate tracking alone without support from its developers.

Hi @JMac

Are you on the latest firmware update? We're at 1.0.5.36 now. Notifications have specific app icons and a simple 'elegant' watch face has been added.

Completely agree with you on music control and the option of AOD, even at the expense of battery life, would be good for those that want it.
To all those who are getting only 7 days of battery life, I strongly believe that we have been given the 178mAh battery (intended for the "Honor watch magic") insted of the 420 mAh that Huawei promotes for the GT.
On the user manual, says that a full charge of battery takes about 2 hours.. mine only takes half of that time to reach 100%.
Charging time and the 7 days battery life proves such theory.. What do you think?
d2ultra wrote:

To all those who are getting only 7 days of battery life, I strongly believe that we have been given the 178mAh battery (intended for the "Honor watch magic") insted of the 420 mAh that Huawei promotes for the GT.
On the user manual, says that a full charge of battery takes about 2 hours.. mine only takes half of that time to reach 100%.
Charging time and the 7 days battery life proves such theory.. What do you think?

I think the charging time depends on the type of power supply used. With the charger of the P20 Pro I obtained from 20 to 100% in just over half an hour. The honor is smaller and thinner than our watch, I think the two batteries are different.
Userlevel 1
d2ultra wrote:

Perhaps you're right. The charging time for me is one hour and not 2 !
It will be appreciate if Huawei helps us with this important bug. (@Max ? @Amy ?)
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Olrik wrote:

It will be appreciate if Huawei helps us with this important bug. (@Max ? @Amy ?)
Thanks

Hi all,

Just letting you know that we are reading this thread. I asked support team to assist in this thread about Watch GT battery drain.
Userlevel 1
Amy wrote:

Olrik wrote:

Thanks

Hi all,

Just letting you know that we are reading this thread. I asked support team to assist in this thread about Watch GT battery drain.

Thanks Amy !

I strongly hope support find a solution.
Ax0 wrote:

d2ultra wrote:

I think the charging time depends on the type of power supply used. With the charger of the P20 Pro I obtained from 20 to 100% in just over half an hour. The honor is smaller and thinner than our watch, I think the two batteries are different.

I am charging the watch with the included white charging dock (on the back of it, says "MODEL : AF38-1") and plugging the usb connector to a usb port on my computer.
Last night charging time from 2 to 100% took 55 minutes, temperature in the room was 22°C / 72F
d2ultra wrote:

Ax0 wrote:

d2ultra wrote:

I am charging the watch with the included white charging dock (on the back of it, says "MODEL : AF38-1") and plugging the usb connector to a usb port on my computer.
Last night charging time from 2 to 100% took 55 minutes, temperature in the room was 22°C / 72F

I have the same charging dock as you but, if I remember correctly, computers USB port provides barely 1A (or less) on 5V. P20 Pro "super charger" provides 4.5A on 5V, three times the PC port AND the cable have less resistance than others, tested with others USB cables and only with the original I get the "fast charge" text when charging (ok, it may mean nothing but I don't have any instruments to measure).

Saying that, I suppose charging time depend to the adaptor and the extimated time of full charge its in the worst case. Waiting for assistance, now 🙂
When my watch will go run out of power I want to check charging time with another adaptor.

In any case, now my watch battery drop more faster than when I bought, 3 weeks ago.
Its still a good battery life but some other brand have similar watch life but with much more functions 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge
Zukunft105 wrote:

And again it is ridiculous. The watch is showing active minutes which are not matching with the health app. A walk of 25 mins to work results in 11 mins in the app.
Jesus, you have to fix this issue, makes so fun to use the product. I am coming from the Fitbit ionic and the software experience Huawei provides is really a mess!!

hi @Zukunft105 , sorry for your bad experience, these are two different algorithm of moderate to high intensity activity on the watch and the App, we will united the algorithm in the later version.
Greetings,

I have GT watch for about 2 weeks now and below are my evaluation so far. FYI I am using it with IPhone X and the pros and cons so far are the below :

• Battery is great
  • Nice watch
  • Nice metrics (Sleep, work outs, heart rate) which seems quite accurate
Concerning the cons now :
  • Notifications rarely received. As far as Viber or Whatsup apps never received. SMS/iMessage , FB Messenger sometimes are pushed normally usually not. Calls notifications are pushed normally
  • Lacks Watch faces. Also you cannot make your own
  • Weather available only for a day. Usually the today weather you don't need so much (check out your windows). 3 days weather data would be really assisting.
In general i love the pros of this watch yet as a user of IOS (i don't know about Androids) its "smart" capabilities are almost to zero. Even the xiaomi band 2 or 3 i had in the past where quite better and with no problems at notifications etc. Needless to say concerning Apple Watch which for iOS is great on capabilities but with an awful and sporty design.

I hope Huawei takes this project quite responsible and provide solutions. I have to say that i hoped after all this updates received at least the notification issues to be resolved

Regards

Dimitris
I have few suggestions:

• better clock faces as existing one are poor quality
  • music control via watch (a Fitbit blaze have this function)
  • screen brightness could be improved (auto dimming)
  • weather info could be improved
im using GT watch with iPhone 8
As requested by admin, here is a link to my other post regarding the customization of the watch face during exercises. If you are in a certain training mode (while it is already running), you can simply tap and hold the watch face to change the information displayed. I don't think many people are aware of the watch's ability to do this. I've also requested on whether it will expand to other sport profiles, and whether the average heart rate will be included as one of the information that is displayed:

Click here for the thread
Great! It would be nice to be able to view the compass, GPS coordinates and the weather as well.
Userlevel 3
Seems a new software update is out
Userlevel 1
yes, the 9.0.4.332 version.
I installed it several days ago, no change for me. Autonomy not improved.
I don't know the bugs that this version had fixed.
Userlevel 4
Badge
It would be nice if Huawei were more specific about what they've fixed in each update. When updates are released for Huawei Health for example, on the Google Play store, it's noted as "Bug Fixes". This doesn't help when lots of people are looking for particular bugs to be fixed.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I think Huawei isn't very good with communication with his customers. Even here, don't see many concrete answers to our questions...

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings