P10 (plus) software updates

Show first post

136 replies

HoRnZz wrote:

I'll just leave this here..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-46465438

Anyone recommend a smart phone manufacturer, apart from Samsung and Apple?

Totally different ball game that link is nothing to do with Mobile phone updates.If you want a phone that gets regular updates get a OnePlus..
Userlevel 2
Junior1985 wrote:

HoRnZz wrote:

Totally different ball game that link is nothing to do with Mobile phone updates.If you want a phone that gets regular updates get a OnePlus..

Completely agree. I was merely pointing out the type of company Huawei are being perceived to be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
HoRnZz wrote:

Junior1985 wrote:

HoRnZz wrote:

Completely agree. I was merely pointing out the type of company Huawei are being perceived to be.

Please keep the thread on topic. Thanks!
Have had P10 Plus for over a year. No updates since Jan2018, still on Android 7. Need Oreo functions, and security updates.

Phone was EXPENSIVE, but not supported by H?

Disappointed, to say the least.
Userlevel 2
Spoder wrote:

Have had P10 Plus for over a year. No updates since Jan2018, still on Android 7. Need Oreo functions, and security updates.

Unfortunately Spoder, Huawei stopped caring after P10's release. You'll get no support from them here.
Userlevel 3
HoRnZz wrote:

Spoder wrote:

Unfortunately Spoder, Huawei stopped caring after P10's release. You'll get no support from them here.

Correction: Huawei stopped caring about non-Chinese users of the P10 after release. Apparently in China they are still providing monthly security updates as expected and have already rolled out Pie.
Userlevel 2
No suprise there than.
I love my P10 phone but I am beyond frustrated that I haven't had any updates on my phone since September 2017 none at all. I am in the UK on Vodafone who have stated Huawei haven't sent them any updates so they won't be providing them at all in the future.
From what I am reading it may be Vodafone holding back the updates?
I don't believe my phone to be secure at the minute due to the amount of updates I should have received and from everything I have read online my phone should have received android 8 by now.
This is my first Huawei phone and while I love it I am not having the best impression of it.
I am just feeling incredibly frustrated that something that has always been so easy on my other phone brands is so difficult on Huawei and I wish it wasn't as I love this phone.

Any advice?
Userlevel 3
Jenbug wrote:

I love my P10 phone but I am beyond frustrated that I haven't had any updates on my phone since September 2017 none at all. I am in the UK on Vodafone who have stated Huawei haven't sent them any updates so they won't be providing them at all in the future.
From what I am reading it may be Vodafone holding back the updates?
I don't believe my phone to be secure at the minute due to the amount of updates I should have received and from everything I have read online my phone should have received android 8 by now.
This is my first Huawei phone and while I love it I am not having the best impression of it.
I am just feeling incredibly frustrated that something that has always been so easy on my other phone brands is so difficult on Huawei and I wish it wasn't as I love this phone.

Any advice?

It is definitely not Vodafone that is holding back the updates. It is 100% Huawei.
Huawei release regular monthly updates and have already released Android 9 to their Chinese customers.
The best advice is to avoid Huawei in the future, their phones are fantastic but their support is focused only on their Chinese customer base.
But then why have 02 customers started getting the updates??
Userlevel 3
Jenbug wrote:

But then why have 02 customers started getting the updates??

The P10 has been out for two years and O2 customers have only just started getting updates? I guess that's a bit of a double-edged sword, at least someone is getting the updates but it fuels the stock response from Huawei that the networks are the issue when that has been shown to be totally incorrect.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings