Answered

UMUI 8.0 does support exFat or NTFS

Hello,

I want to buy a Media Pad T5 tablet and i have see many topic who depicts that we can't transfer apps to SD card ... Okayy ...

But the tablet have 16Gb of storage, yes, but a lot is used by system (around 10Gb) ... 8Gb usable by user ... cool ... (it's sarcastic)

but i want to copy on my SD card some movies, videos and more ...

Uh, i forget Android not support NTFS format or only certains devices

There my question, can we, after a Huawei Update, transfer apps on a card SD (Adoptable Storage ?) and EMUI (8.0) support NTFS OR exFAT SD card or USB key (i know the charging port is OTG) ...

If Huawei has enabled the Adoptable Storage and we can use exFat or NTFS format and the MediaPad T5, i'm sure of can buy this tablet without storage problem, and i can copy my favourite movies (more than 4Gb) on a SD card or my USB Flash Drive OTG.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 12 February 2019, 18:27

Hi @TheIceMagmaCube,

Thank you for bringing this up, that's a good question!

Regarding this, I would like to inform you that, at the moment, the applications can only be installed and used from the device's internal memory and there is no option to transfer them to the SD card, regardless of the storage format.

Nevertheless, I will leave a note for our developers concerning that so this will be considered for a future update.

Thank you very much for your suggestion regarding this matter! I appreciate your feedback!

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to let me know!

Best wishes,
Max

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @TheIceMagmaCube,

Regarding this, I would like to inform you that, at the moment, the applications can only be installed and used from the device's internal memory and there is no option to transfer them to the SD card, regardless of the storage format.

Nevertheless, I will leave a note for our developers concerning that so this will be considered for a future update.

Thank you very much for your suggestion regarding this matter! I appreciate your feedback!

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to let me know!

Best wishes,
Max
Max wrote:

Hi @TheIceMagmaCube,

Best wishes,
Max

Thanks for your reply,

If Huawei as re-enabled the Adoptable Storage and the OTG port support exFat / NTFS, i'll buy the MediaPad T5, i've not own this tablet for this problem, and Huawei are losing customers with this option (disable Adoptable Storage).

Greetings
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @TheIceMagmaCube,

Thank you for your feedback!

As previously stated, this has been forwarded further to our development team.

Best wishes,
Max
Max wrote:

Hi @TheIceMagmaCube,

Thank you for your feedback!

As previously stated, this has been forwarded further to our development team.

Best wishes,
Max

Say me news sometimes or when it's gonna be applied 🙂

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings