Answered

Update Without WiFi?

I used to be able to update all my other Huawei devices by using my own unlimited mobile data, but now, when I try to update it asks to be connected to WiFi before it can start. I have no access to any WiFi so it will be impossible to update my Huawei P Smart without my own mobile data. Is there any thing I can do or a way to get around this? I also have no access to a mobile hotspot. Thank you.
Also, a message pops up notifying me that there is an update and that it will take 700mb to download, but when I tap on download and install, it just pops up with the WiFi message again.

icon

Best answer by Crawshaw09 23 September 2018, 09:58

Hi

Please check my post under the software section. I asked the same question, someone did answer I believe.

Hope this helps.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

Please check my post under the software section. I asked the same question, someone did answer I believe.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Click the three verticle dots to get update settings and change the slider to off for wifi.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings