Question

WhatsApp notification on honor band 4

I have honor band 4, which i was using along with my Redmi note 5. Whenever i used to receive WhatsApp message i was able to read it on my band, even if there were several unread WhatsApp messages on my phone.
Recently i switched to Honor 8X, now when i receive a WhatsApp message over some unread messages. it shows me kind of summary. like 11 messages out of 3 chats. where as, when it was used with Redmi phone it clearly used to display the message rather than a summary message of chat count.
What settings should i change in notification to get individual new WhatsApp message push to my honor band 4 rather than a summary.

15 replies

Userlevel 2
I can see my whatsapp notifications on band 4, after last update on band 4 i couldnt recieve whatsapp notifications. anyone can help me?
Userlevel 1
After last update on my honor band 4 (release 1.0.10.30) when I receive a whatsapp message on my phone the band notifies me with a vibration and when I go to the message menu the band tells me there aren't new messages.
I called honor support 3 times, they tell me to try to uninstall and reinstall whatsapp, huawei health and make a factory reset on the band but the problem it's not solved.
Others Apps notify correctly on the band, the problem is just with Whatsapp.
Hi, same problem here. I've just bought a honor band 4 and upgraded the firmware to the latest (release 1.0.10.30). All application notifications are shown on my band 4 except whatsapp. When a new whatsapp notification appears it vibrates but does not show the message. The notification menu shows 1 unread notification but whatsapp message is not shown.
Userlevel 2
Same problem her. Agter upgrading to honor band 4 version (1.0.10.30) the network notifications partner (whats app, instagram ..) do not notify more, the bracelet vibrates but nothing appears, and when going in messages, receives a warning that I do not have new messages. I researched the bracelet and reinstalled the apps, but it did not work. This problem happens only on ios, android works normal, i tested it
I'm new user honor band 4 and I have problem too. I get notification about messager from messenger but bracelet doesn't show text of message and I can't read it. Only what it shown is .. You have one new messager and nothing else. I can't open message and read it.
Pleeeease help me if you can. 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all!

Sorry to hear about the bugs you've encountered. Did you experience these after unpairing and pairing again? Clearing the cache partition of your device?

We're looking forward to hear from you,
Max
Yes I do. I tried it but nothing helped. I can't read a message on bracelet. There is only a sign: You have one new message.
Userlevel 1
Hi Max,

I called 3 times the honor support then they advised me to: unpairing and pairing, reinstall whatsapp and huawei health and settings factory reset on the band.
But the problem was not solved

Regards
Alex
I have the exact same issue with my Huawei band pro 3. It's very annoying. I've done a complete factory reset on both my Phone and the band itself and still there are no messages being shown.
Same shit here. Don’t buy honor band 4
Hi All,

We have recently released a firmware update - 1.0.10.40, it solves Push Message Issue. Enjoy.

Regards,
Boolean.
I’m already on update 1.0.10.48 and still no luck...
Annakiwi wrote:

I’m already on update 1.0.10.48 and still no luck.

Are you using in iOS ? if yes what language is your band running on?
I have iOS with an iPhone 6s.
My band is running in english, my Huawei HealthKit app is in Dutch
I'm happy to tell you that update 1.0.10.52(C00), did the trick and I can see my whatsapp messages on my band again.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings