Answered

When is the update for Mate 8?

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
Hello. I'm grateful for the email and courier response. And I wanted to know when and when the Android 8 for mate 8 would be offered in areas other than China?, I'm really looking forward to seeing this update available to me, and I'm tired of this waiting. thanks
icon

Best answer by Max 3 September 2018, 15:02

Hi Ham!

Glad to hear that you are interested in improving your system software with a system update.

Regarding your question, I can inform you that the Mate 8 is not scheduled to receive the Android Oreo update. From the Mate series, only the Mate 9 can receive it at the moment. Since the Mate 8 is a pretty old device and no longer in production, at the best it only receives the Android 7/EMUI 5 update.

Hope this proves useful!

Max

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Are you sure you don't have it ready and waiting?
To check for the update, Go to Settings --> About Phone ---> System update
Just to double check.

Failing that, try the app 'firmware finder' to see if they have it.
Yes. I have not come up with any performance you said
Ham wrote:

Yes. All the things you said and done but did not come to me

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Ham!

Glad to hear that you are interested in improving your system software with a system update.

Regarding your question, I can inform you that the Mate 8 is not scheduled to receive the Android Oreo update. From the Mate series, only the Mate 9 can receive it at the moment. Since the Mate 8 is a pretty old device and no longer in production, at the best it only receives the Android 7/EMUI 5 update.

Hope this proves useful!

Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings