Answered

Why doesn't Google Pay work on my P20 (Pro)?

Show first post

58 replies

MariusPoskus wrote:

@mrQQ I have same problem in Lithuania with P20 Pro. My operator is also Telia I am still looking for solution, but can't believe that it can be related with operator because on my samusng s7 works fine.

@Max Also tried to unistall google services update by I get message: Uninstall unsuccessful.

Still no solution 😞 contacted Huawei but haven't got back. Did you try factory reset?
mrQQ wrote:

MariusPoskus wrote:

@mrQQ I have same problem in Lithuania with P20 Pro. My operator is also Telia I am still looking for solution, but can't believe that it can be related with operator because on my samusng s7 works fine.

@Max Also tried to unistall google services update by I get message: Uninstall unsuccessful.

Still no solution 😞 contacted Huawei but haven't got back. Did you try factory reset?

Not yet. What about you?
MariusPoskus wrote:

mrQQ wrote:

MariusPoskus wrote:

Not yet. What about you?

No, this is a work phone, difficult to reinstall everything. Can you try?

Got response from Huawei that Google Pay is not supported in Lithuania (which is crap, as it works on other phones) and that Swedbank app should be fixed by the developer (which is also crap because it also works on other P20s :()
Hi,

I own a p20 pro too. I've tried everything and nothing worked. (play beta, updating settings, manual battery control etc.) Until I've come across a workaround. Just put your sim card into slot 2 instead of slot 1. And it started working with no glitch. Hope this helps!
muntix wrote:

Hi,

I own a p20 pro too. I've tried everything and nothing worked. (play beta, updating settings, manual battery control etc.) Until I've come across a workaround. Just put your sim card into slot 2 instead of slot 1. And it started working with no glitch. Hope this helps!

OH my God, you are my hero! This has worked! I was pulling my hair and biting my nails trying to fix this and you did it! Huawei support and bank support had no clue, so much use of them! You know, I even had thought about this before, but I just checked if it was in sim1 slot, thinking that should be the main slot. So I just checked, and it was. And didn't even think to try sim2. I guess that sim1 slot could be somehow blocking rfid antenna or something like that?

In any case - thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
@mrQQ, Thank you for letting us know that this fixed this issue! And @muntix thank you for sharing.

@MariusPoskus, @Karlcanaries @Gre @Nico @Sfchow128, please try the above fix and let us know if it helped. 🙂
I'm with Vodafone UK and had an old aim that had contactless function on it. I changed to a new sim and it has been working since
Amy wrote:

@mrQQ, Thank you for letting us know that this fixed this issue! And @muntix thank you for sharing.

@MariusPoskus, @Karlcanaries @Gre @Nico @Sfchow128, please try the above fix and let us know if it helped. :)

Hey, I put my Sim card in SIM2 slot and it works!

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings