Question

Audio Output: connect 2 devices with Bluetooth

• 15 December 2018
  • 11 replies

Hi everyone,

I've just switched from Samsung to Huawei and I have just purchased some Bluetooth headphones and I want to have 2 devices connected, however, my Huawei phone keeps on pausing the content on my tablet as it keeps stealing the audio. Whereas on my Samsung, I was able to choose the audio output on the phone, whether Bluetooth headphones or phone to prevent the phone from stealing the audio, I believe this was called Samsung connect and toh controlled this in the notifications panel.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @macrocosm.nomad,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

In order for me to advise you properly about the matter, could I please have the model of your device?

Looking forward to your answer! 😀
Max
Hi everyone,

I've just switched from Samsung to Huawei and I have just purchased some Bluetooth headphones and I want to have 2 devices connected, however, my Huawei phone keeps on pausing the content on my tablet as it keeps stealing the audio. Whereas on my Samsung, I was able to choose the audio output on the phone, whether Bluetooth headphones or phone to prevent the phone from stealing the audio, I believe this was called Samsung connect and toh controlled this in the notifications panel.

Thanks in advance.

DaveHi @macrocosm.nomad,

In order for me to advise you properly about the matter, could I please have the model of your device?

Max

I have the same issue as Dave. Own a Huawei P20 64Gb (EML-L29) running EMUI 9.0.0.160 and recently switched from Samsung
I'm connected to 2 bluetooth speakers (and want to be) , want to select which one of the speakers which should get the music/audio ouput. How to steer this (similar as samsung's smart connect)?
Thanks!

Calle
Hi @macrocosm.nomad,

Max

Hi Max,

I do apologise, I never saw the reply come.

I have the Huawei Mate 20 Pro running EMUI 9.0.0.153.

I would like to be able to have my Bluetooth headphones connected but be able to choose whether I want the audio to come through the phone or the headphones, without going into the Bluetooth settings and choosing to disconnect the media audio profile each time.

Regards,

Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi carcu,

Unfortunately the P20 has a Bluetooth antenna of 4.2 and only a device with BT 5.0 can connect more then one speaker of peripheral at the same time.

@Dave i will forward your feedback to our dev team and perhaps in a future update this will be streamlined for more user convenience .

Best wishes,
Max

Hi @macrocosm.nomad,

Max

Hi Max,

I do apologise, I never saw the reply come.

I have the Huawei Mate 20 Pro running EMUI 9.0.0.153.

I would like to be able to have my Bluetooth headphones connected but be able to choose whether I want the audio to come through the phone or the headphones, without going into the Bluetooth settings and choosing to disconnect the media audio profile each time.

Regards,

Dave

I have the same request. On my old LG G5 there was an option for the audio output in the dropdown list when i was connected to 2 bluetooth devices at the same time. Car VW transporter and Headset Peltor ws alert xp pro.
Now on my Mate 20 Pro i am during a phonecall able to switch bluetooth device. But if I am listening to a podcast or whatever in my headset and goes in to the car sound cuts out and starts playing in the carstereo but if i want to have the sound in my headset i need to restart them then they will start playing audio again.

// Olof
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@nostrange

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear about your experience . In response, I thank you for your feedback and I kindly ask that you send me a private message with your phone's serial number (Settings > System > About phone > Status) and build number (About phone), so we can pass your feedback to the proper department.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, click on "Send message".

Best regards,
Max
Userlevel 1
Reporting in, P30 Pro also suffers from lack of dual bluetooth audio support 😞 Even though it has Bluetooth 5.0 there are no options.
Hello, I have the same issue here. I can't connect my headphones bluetooth with my p30...

Phone: P30 pro (bluetooth v5.0)
Headphones: huawei sport bluetooth lite AM61 (bluetooth versión v4.1)

I know the version differences but is there a way to connect these devices?
Hi I own an honor view 20 and am running Magic UI 2.0.1 and android pie and I cannot find the dual audio settings when I'm pretty sure it has Bluetooth 5.0
Userlevel 4
Badge
As you've not had a response yet we'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Reporting in, P30 Pro also suffers from lack of dual bluetooth audio support 😞 Even though it has Bluetooth 5.0 there are no options.

I also got the P30 Pro.. I hope there will be a update that enables dual audio (music played out of two different speakers/headphones) Bluetooth and als to make switching to another audio device easier.