Question

Automatic usb file access

• 17 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Everytime I connect my P20 pro to my car or iMac I get a usb message asking what I'd like to do, charge only, transfer files and I can't remember the third. Is there a way of allowing the transfer of files automatically? It's so annoying everytime I get in and out the car I have to select transfer files. Hoping to find an answer.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Craighunter,

The feature is there as a security measure. To enable always transfer files for some cases by enabling developer options - usb debugging will allow this.
To enable developer options you simply have to go into settings - about phone and tap the build number several times until the device prompts you : " You are now a developer".
After that from settings>developer options - turn USB debuggin on.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Thanks Max, I have actually tried this before and doesn't seem to work
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Craighunter

Thanks for the swift reply. As a standard further then this build in function Android has no other pre-installed. For what you are looking for you will have to download a dedicated app from PlayStore to fulfill this function.
Before you do this I must point out the fact that this would be a security risk to the device since any plug and play would have access to your private data. Please bare that in mind when using the application and device in any untrusted environment.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max, greetings from Estonia!
I have Huawei Mate 20 pro and the same question Craighunter had.
So, I'm stucked now. You wrote: "you will have to download a dedicated app from PlayStore to fulfill this function". Whait is the name of this app?
Now, when I switched off USB debuggin in settings, I can only charge my phone, but what I need, is transfer photos and videos from phone to my PC. How to finished it?
Thanks ahead for your reply
Andres
Userlevel 3
I have the same issue but I don't think there is a real answer. It's there as a security measure I suppose, but I agree it's a pain. Its the same on all Android phones I suspect.
I have the same issue but I don't think there is a real answer. It's there as a security measure I suppose, but I agree it's a pain. Its the same on all Android phones I suspect.

I didnt have it with my Galaxy 😉