Calendar account gone missing intermittently.

• 11 January 2019
  • 19 replies

I'm having an odd experience with my Mate 20 Pro and Google Calendar. Occasionally, the calendar of my primary Google account will simply just gone missing, and a message will prompt showing "Calendar are hidden" when I launched Google Calendar App. Kindly refer to the attached for the screenshot of the error message below.

Diving into the app's setting page, I noticed that the Gmail account of my missing calendar got delisted, but the same gmail account is still exist in my phone's "Google service" setting without affecting my Contacts, Drive, Chrome, and Gmail, etc.

FYI, the switch to sync Google Calendar is still remain toggled 'On' when this problem 'missing calendar' occurs.

What's even more bizarre is that, my calendar will return by itself after a few hours without my intervention.

Oh, one more thing, using the stock calendar app to sync my Google Calendar doesn't seems to help too. When I'm getting a blank calendar at Google Calendar the stock calendar app gives me empty calendar too.

Also, this issue seems to affect my Mate 20 Pro only, as the same Google Calendar are not missing from my iPad, iPhone, Macs & Samsung S8. Thus, I'm pretty sure I can rule out Google's fault.

I wonder does anyone of you here are experiencing the same problem as I'm having here? If you did, what did you do to address it?

Thank you.
Cesar

19 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi cesar.mifune,

I haven't encounter this issue before, is the calendar you mean the schedule you created in your google account? and did the issue appear again after this post?

best wishes,
Lizzy
Hi @Lizzy-UK

Thank you for your reply.

Not just the calendar I created, but the whole Google account (cesarxxxxxx@gmail.com) for my calendar disappeared. It only affects my calendar service though, the rest of the Google service were not affected. Whats bizarre is that my Google Calendar account will return by itself without me doing anything after a few hours.

No, that problem hasn't reoccur lately. I used to experience that problem once in awhile, averaging 3-5 occurrence a month, since I acquired my Mate 20 Pro in November.

Cesar
Hi again, I just would like to do a quick update with my this calendar problem for which I'm still facing now. My google calendar had black out on me again this morning, and I still have yet to find the solution.

As you can see from the screenshot of my Google Calendar app below, my calendar was blank, except my reminders.

The screenshot below shows that the GMail account which I use to sync my calendar from had gone missing from the list. The GMail account you see below is my secondary gmail account which I don't use to sync calendar.

After several hours, my primary GMail account has returned by itself, and so does my calendar.

During the calendar black out on my Mate 20 Pro, the same calendar was able to sync and displaying on my other non-Huawei devices. Oh, my stock calendar app of my Mate 20 Pro was having the same problem during the 'black-out' period.

Anyway, this is just an update of this replicated issue and with more pictures to show how my calendar problem looks like.
Hello,

Did you get to solve this issue? I am having some what similar issues with my mate 20 X.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Have you tried removing the account from calendar app and re adding it to see if it clears up any syncing issues?
Hello, thanks for the reply.

Yes i have clear cache, uninstall the app even.

My issue is that the events will some time be empty requiring a manual refresh from the app.
Any it can happen anytime, so i would miss the notifications.
Hello,

Did you get to solve this issue? I am having some what similar issues with my mate 20 X.

No, but as I come to think about it, I haven't experience that problem for awhile now. Perhaps it has been addressed from the last software & firmware updates. I will report here should I experienced it again.
Hmm..i just got my new mate 20x and it has this problem.

Huawei, pls help with new firmware to solve this.

No, but as I come to think about it, I haven't experience that problem for awhile now. Perhaps it has been addressed from the last software & firmware updates. I will report here should I experienced it again.

Can you check if you have saved the events in google account or one the device?
Those saved on the device works ok, I think it only affects the events saved on google account.
I think it has something to do with Huawei power saving feature stopping G-Cal.

Can you check if you have saved the events in google account or one the device?
Those saved on the device works ok, I think it only affects the events saved on google account.
I think it has something to do with Huawei power saving feature stopping G-Cal.

No, all of my events is saved in Google account, I have double checked. Besides, there is no way I could save any events onto the device using Google Calendar app. I don't use the default calendar app at all.

Up to this point, my Google Calendars are still working perfectly fine on my Mate 20 Pro so far, I hope it will continue to remain to work and I also hope that your issue will get resolved ASAP.
My Google calendar stopped synching completely but only on my tablet.
I deleted and added my Google account again and now I don't have the calendar option at all in my Google account any ideas?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
My Google calendar stopped synching completely but only on my tablet.
I deleted and added my Google account again and now I don't have the calendar option at all in my Google account any ideas?

this may be likely due to the calendar being sync'd into one other device already.
Thanks for the response, it doesn't matter how many devices you sync with, the option should still be there to sync the calander, it isn't on my Tablet, on my other devices it's there
Maybe you need to install google calendar app again?
@Thomastan How is your Google Calendar working on your device so far?
@Thomastan How is your Google Calendar working on your device so far?
Like #$@%^, contacted Huawei support, the told me to factory reset the phone and don't use clone.
And if it still have problem to look for the APP provider and not them.
So I took some time to do it.

After which first few days G-Cal seems ok, now back to square one.
  1. It still goes off intermittently making me miss notifications.
  2. Some times still needs to start the app once after I restart the phone to get the events to show.
BTW my Line messaging app also has some problem, sometimes need to start it once after restarting the phone.

@Thomastan How is your Google Calendar working on your device so far?Like #$@%^, contacted Huawei support, the told me to factory reset the phone and don't use clone.
And if it still have problem to look for the APP provider and not them.
So I took some time to do it.

After which first few days G-Cal seems ok, now back to square one.
  1. It still goes off intermittently making me miss notifications.
  2. Some times still needs to start the app once after I restart the phone to get the events to show.
BTW my Line messaging app also has some problem, sometimes need to start it once after restarting the phone.

Wow... that's really bad... I'm sorry that I couldn't help much here. As for my case, the only app that I had problem with was just Google Calendar synchronisation issue, and it simply self addressed without me realising it. I hope yours will get addressed the same like mine in no time. By the way, have you tried to clear Google app cache and your device firmware cache? If not, perhap it is worth to try it out. *finger-crossed*

Wow... that's really bad... I'm sorry that I couldn't help much here. As for my case, the only app that I had problem with was just Google Calendar synchronisation issue, and it simply self addressed without me realising it. I hope yours will get addressed the same like mine in no time. By the way, have you tried to clear Google app cache and your device firmware cache? If not, perhap it is worth to try it out. *finger-crossed*

The factory reset is wipe everything out, including my data
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello all,

Given the fact that you have tried all these solutions in order to solving the issue and not much has changed, I would kindly advise you to contact Google as well, as it might be an app glitch which might be fixed within the following app updates.

If the issue still persists and there is no solution from Google end, feel free to PM Charlie providing the Serial Number of your device and leaving #calendar in the message.

Your situation will be reviewed by our technical team and you will get notified with the resolution.

If needed, for further assistance feel free to contact us via Hotline, Chat or Email as well.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Cheers 🙂,
Max