• 14 February 2019
  • 45 replies

Show first post

45 replies

Hello
I recently brought outright the mate pro 20

I am having a fustrating time trying to delete appoinments or even editing them
this is on my appoinments that reoccur weekly

I have 3 or 4 different calender apps running to try and solve this, but I have found the only one that allows me to do it is the in built Huawei calender app, which it does delete sometimes, then 5 seconds later reappears, yet I cant do it on the google one or the paid business ones I want to use as my go to source

How can i fix this as its driving me crazy
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@calendertrouble ,

I've moved your post to this thread as it covers the same topic and people are sharing their experience here.
We have a similar problem. We have a Huawei phone and a HTC phone; i.e. both Android, no iPhone. We have multiple calendars to track each of us and the kids. Some owned by the Huawei phone's account and some owned by the HTC phone's account.

When a recurring entry is changed, e.g. a weekly event moved from Saturday to Wednesday for one week, for a calendar that is not owned by the Huawei phone, there is a problem. The new Wednesday entry is created on the phone as well as on Google Calendar. However, the Saturday entry is only deleted on the Google calendar, but still appears on the Huawei phone. The Huawei phone now shows both Wednesday & Saturday entries. The HTC phone works fine.

It seems that if the entry belonged to the phone owner, this problem does not occur.

It would be better if the Huawei Calendar App can be disabled. I don't know why Huawei has to create a Calendar and it cannot be disabled.

When we had Samsung and HTC phones using only Google Calendars, we had no problem.
Try to give recurring entries an expiry date, eg Dec 31 19. Does this help?
I have the same problem with my calendar on the Huawei P30 Pro. My whole calender starts to get messed up, a lot of double events at wrong places I can't delete. Very frustrating because I heavily rely on my calendar. And it is driving me crazy to use a huawei phone.
I have the same problem. My wife and I both have P20 pros. We share our calendars with each other.
My wife has a weekly recurring event each Wednesday. Occasionally she will edit one entry to occur on a different day. The new event appears on my phone, but the original one remains and cannot be deleted.
I have tried deleting the cache and the data without any effect. I have tried using Google calendar on the phone, but this still shows the original event as well.
The event does not show on the Google calendar on my PC. The Huawei calendar App is only partially syncing with the most recent information available, ie it adds the new event but does not delete the original entry.
Is their a solution to this yet please?
Calendars on this phone are bugged. There are 3 different calendars on my phone:

* native phone calendar
* Google calendar, downloaded
* work calendar via Boxer app, downloaded

3 problems:
* You cannot have different accounts showing on different calendars. Deselect an account on one calendar, it automatically deselects for all calendars. Turn it back on for calendar you actually want, it turns back on for all. Result is that I get 3 x notifications for each event - one from each calendar - or none at all. Impossible to use work calendar just with work account, for instance. Useless
* Contact birthdays display twice - once for the google contact entry and once for the exact same contact saved to the phone. No way to delete phone contacts once added
* One of these 2 contact entries has a default notification of the week before at 9am, which cannot be adjusted anywhere. Useless
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of replies in this thread. I flagged the thread for our support team again. Need help now? Please contact our support team directly.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you.
Regarding your issue with the phone, I would recommend you to wipe cache for the app, remove the google account and re-add it into the calendar app further and make sure you have the app updated to the latest version.
If the issue remains, please contact the support directly, via chat, email or hotline at 08000886700, from 9-21.00, each working days for a proper review.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T.😉
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you.
Regarding your issue with the phone, I would recommend you to wipe cache for the app, remove the google account and re-add it into the calendar app further and make sure you have the app updated to the latest version.
If the issue remains, please contact the support directly, via chat, email or hotline at 08000886700, from 9-21.00, each working days for a proper review.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T.😉

This is not a solution. It does not address why this happens across multiple additional calendars - not just one.

Further, I note that "delete cache and do everything again" is provided as a default response, without actually understanding the issue, to several problems posted in other areas on this forum. It is never a solution there either, unless you want to continually wipe the cache and reinstall, which is useless.

Please unmark this as an answer.
To assist other people experiencing this issue.

I have a new Hauwei P30 Pro - the same issues are being experienced with the default calendar and the 'google calendar' app.

Hauwei P30 Pro
Emui version 9.1.0
Android v9
Android security patch (5 July 2019)

This is a known bug, hauwei support can confirm this, however the fixes that they mention did not work in my scenario.

Factory reset's of the phone, disabling permisisons on the default calendar entirely have not resolved the issue.
Removing/Re-adding the google accounts also has not resolved the problem.

The issue is with the Emui software itself and not being able to register/interpret the "2nd level commands" on shared calendars. (ie edits/deletes on a shared calendar)

Primary calendars (in my testing) seem unaffected but if someone has shared a calendar to your google calendar and they edit/modify a record in the calendar, your hauwei device will show the edit as a new record (duplicate record).

Our other devices (samsung / iphones = are completley unaffected) but even other Hauwei devices same issue.

Hauwei Y7
EMUI Version 5.1.2
Android version 7
Android security patch (1 June 2019)

Exact same behaviour when using either the default calendar app or the google calendar app, even after attempting the 'temporary fixes' that their support mentioned via chat and via the phone.

For now I'm left to verify all calendar events constantly online or in a browser and ignore the calendar app. However due to the age of this bug being present based on the Hauwei Y7 I do not hold great hope that a fix will be coming in the next Emui releases.

This is actually a big enough issue for my own personal use of these phones to consider selling them and buying a different brand of phone due to my heavy use of calendar functions.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi all!

I am truly sorry for all of this issues!

However, I've checked the answer of @megbru , and I would suggest all of you to try this solution if you are experiencing issues like this in the future!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
So when you add back the account, you don't re-enable the Huawei stock Calendar App, correct? Disable it altogether?
Try to give recurring entries an expiry date, eg Dec 31 19. Does this help?

Errr, that would be creating a new error to cover up the existing bug. When the event expires, I would start missing appointments.

Or maybe I should also buy a notebook to write down the expiry date, to add back another recurring event.

But then I'll buy a smart phone to replace my notebook.
I have the same problem. My wife and I both have P20 pros. We share our calendars with each other.
My wife has a weekly recurring event each Wednesday. Occasionally she will edit one entry to occur on a different day. The new event appears on my phone, but the original one remains and cannot be deleted.
I have tried deleting the cache and the data without any effect. I have tried using Google calendar on the phone, but this still shows the original event as well.
The event does not show on the Google calendar on my PC. The Huawei calendar App is only partially syncing with the most recent information available, ie it adds the new event but does not delete the original entry.
Is their a solution to this yet please?

We have one Huawei phone and one HTC phone.

Our current work-around is that the Huawei phone user does not delete (or move) any event using the phone. Events are deleted (or moved) only on Google Calendar on the PC, or on the HTC phone.
Hi all!

However, I've checked the answer of @megbru , and I would suggest all of you to try this solution if you are experiencing issues like this in the future!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

I'm not wasting my time doing that. It's up to Huawai to fix their buggy software, not have every customer fiddle around deleting and re-adding accounts........let alone have to work this out for themselves in the first place. I wanted to simply delete the crappy native calendar app that causes the problem, but of course THAT's one thing you can't delete. Deleting some crucial piece of software however simply because it's not Huawei - that's apparently ok.

I'll be selling the phone - it's not fit for purpose. Nice features but if it can't get the basics right, it's useless
Hi all!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Yeeaaah unfortunately this workaround doesn't seem to work anymore! Since the upgrade to EMUI 9, you can't disable the native calendar app anymore, and I'm drowning in a world of erroneous events again.

Agree with the other posters that this is a ridiculous bug on a very basic smartphone function. I legitimately wish I'd never switched to Huawei.
Update:
I downgraded to EMUI 8 (warning: this does a factory reset on your phone!) and was able to get my "fix" posted previously to work again.
Before I got too far in setting my phone up again, I decided to test EMUI 9 again. Upgraded, RE-implemented the fix ... and so far so good! Problem I'd had before was that permissions on stock Calendar would re-enable themselves, but that doesn't seem to be happening now.

Bottom line: ignore first paragraph of my post above re the fix not working on EMUI 9. Second paragraph about Huawei sucking for not fixing this stands.
What's worse is the lack of any information about a possible fix to be implemented.

I'm somewhat hoping that the next version of EMUI resolves this, however cannot find any information to back my 'hope' ..

I must admit, if the next operating system upgrade which is due now in September (for us in australia I believe) than I'll also be looking to abandon the hauwei handsets. The calendar functionality is too important for my own personal use of the handsets.
Userlevel 2
I've had my P30 Pro almost 6 weeks now and had this far been very impressed with it
I was blissfully unaware of the sething cesspit of disfunctionallity that lay beneath the surface of Huawei's efforts (or not) to create a working and reliable Calendar App.
My first and so far only problem with it has been a security issue in that I am constantly inundated with spam "events" which stretch over 4 consecutive days, promising cash/ phones etc. along with incessant reminders.
It concerns me that these spam events cannot be deleted and apart from the annoyance, they represent a security threat to my otherwise perfect adequate Google Calendar App which has not put a foot wrong in the 20 plus years I have held an account with them.
The absolute indifference with which Huawei cast aside the fundamental problems which beset this heavily flawed App is really worrying and does not bode well for our future together.
WHY can't Huawei understand that sometimes it's just best to allow users to UNINSTALL their Calendar and use good old RELIABLE Google.
...However much it goes against the grain!
Can't be bad if it leads to happy customers! 🙂